Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf Loafs
Sure it was funny the first time, but loafing has gotten out of hand. The fact that you can one hit kill anyone, knock down doors and destroy anything else you touch for under 20 min worth of work is ridiculous. It's not even a traitor item so any jerk could just start loafing in order to bring the station to it's knees. I propose that loafs should be reduced to nothing more but interesting sprites for a rather bland food item, and not a black hole generator.
Or maybe even make it that you have to E-Mag the loaf maker before it becomes super deadly. Make it so that it won't process certain things, or something, until it is E-Magged
I wouldn't mind it that much but at the moment it's super easy to make a ridiculously potent one
rather than being based off simply the amount of monkeys you order in QM and shove in a disposal chute, it should work off how many different food items are in the loafer
e.g.
monkeymeat and a burrito, shit loaf
monkeymeat, carrots, bread, elvis bread, fried fried lightly-fried Philip Farmer's Right Leg cake cake rangoon, etc. makes a far better loaf

also every single round 24/7 has people essentially chanting LOAF LOAF LOAF which has got quite annoying imo
You, as crew members, are in the unique position to just remove the fuckin' loafer. You want it done, do it yourself.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:You, as crew members, are in the unique position to just remove the fuckin' loafer. You want it done, do it yourself.

Except when the QMs steal it 1/2 minutes in and have quark loaf to spare by the time you say "Hey stop dismembering people with loaf"
Then you begin operation Loaf Termination and get busy getting rid of them.
Hi,

While I usually dismiss you as a fucking jerk that keeps fucking complaining about fucking everything like oh my god why does he want everything nerfed (and therefore am not surprised that it's you starting this thread), I unfortunately have to agree.

While un-sophisticated loafing techniques and certain barriers proved that it's a round-long thing to create a grade 10 loafs, it is hilariously easy to get every QM a quark loaf in 20 minutes with a cooperative AI/Captain/Miners or a competent QM crew.

My proposal is that we move it from a log3 scale to a log10 scale. Yes. It should damn well be a 80 minutes project to create a permanent black hole at will on the station. Also, due to alternative uses, I suggest that if it is sufficiently hard to make very high level loaves even using the most efficient technique, make the loafer electronics-scannable.

This all would fly with me, okay, but the reason I crush the loafer as HoS pretty often is because QM quark loaf vigilantism is a thing.

Oh, and it has been run into the ground harder than poo. Fuck players. If you're going to add something interesting, make it at least semi-difficult to operate, otherwise we have fucking cults forming around it. Deny the dumb the loaves.
Marquesas Wrote:[...]
This all would fly with me, okay, but the reason I crush the loafer as HoS pretty often is because QM quark loaf vigilantism is a thing.

Illegal loafing sounds like a pretty serious crime.

Marquesas Wrote:While un-sophisticated loafing techniques and certain barriers proved that it's a round-long thing to create a grade 10 loafs, it is hilariously easy to get every QM a quark loaf in 20 minutes with a cooperative AI/Captain/Miners or a competent QM crew.

Arrest the captain too, for conspiracy to open a tear in the space/time continuum.

Seriously, I hope the higher ups aren't too annoyed when the loaf band gets shipped to jail and the loafer seized.
Marquesas Wrote:While un-sophisticated loafing techniques and certain barriers proved that it's a round-long thing to create a grade 10 loafs, it is hilariously easy to get every QM a quark loaf in 20 minutes with a cooperative AI/Captain/Miners or a competent QM crew.

With just two crewmembers and limited help with the AI, people with a steady supply of a single type of resource can get the most powerful baked item within 20 minutes including set up and resource consolidation. I know because I tried and timed it. Its super easy when your team knows what to do. By 40 minutes you can have two to three loaves of those kind.

I admit I was infected with loafing craze but after this has been run down so badly the best way is to either have it break down after a few uses or have its full potential unlocked only by traitors.
I've never really used the loaf machine myself other than to demand the chef feed any prisoners.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but adding all this "loaf chemistry" kinda takes away from the original idea of the chef potentially collaborating with prisoners and giving them loaf that could help them break out/robust sec?
Why the hell does a prisoner need a black hole to do this?
The effects of loafs should have healing effects, the ability to resist one stun, the ability to get out of cuffs quicker, the ability to wizard blink once, the ability to store items in it.
Not some WMD. embarrasment
The thing needs less deth loafs and more wacky gimmick loaves. Throw some shoes in? Receive some disgusting, squishy loafers to wear on your feet instead!
loaf WMDs should be a thing because they're funny but they shouldn't be an easy thing because that's dumb
Wonkmin Wrote:If you're posting in this thread to nerf the loaf and you've been part of running it into the ground, you're an arse of the highest calibre and should feel bad.

testing how far a loaf can be taken and how fast is just part of the process of proving how broken it is. the next step down from this in station vigilantism would probably be a beaker full of awful shit all getting dumped on you at once, but that still gives you 10-15 seconds of walking around before you're actually in crit, can be mostly blocked just by wearing a mask, and requires someone to time a click right next to you.

when i pointed out at the beginning of mushroom map that someone could literally falsewall into tech storage to make a spare AI console and stop anyone from uploading a law, at all, forever until the end of time, i didn't get shut down for saying it. it just got changed to an r-wall. there has been a lot more work involved in proving that this is abusable and it's getting shit all over for it instead of being addressed.

also, the amount of loafcult stupidity in deadchat is mirroring how obnoxious people used to get about 'omnighosts XD' on donut 2, except without deadchat getting shut down to shut them up.

regarding this: <@cogwerks> destroy the loafer if people are being stupid with it

why should people have to start the fucking Vigil of The shardLoaf to put a stop to shit like this? i don't want to begin a roundstart regimen of 'destroy this thing i don't like and smash in anyone who disagrees' face' and i doubt many other people do, either.
I remember once seeing a group of five people just huddled around the loaf thing, with a bunch of monkey screams irradiating from the loafer. One guy said, "Fuck off, we're busy."

And that's my two cents.
Nah, I'm just being sassy because the old rule of "anytime a funny thing is added, it'll be ruined in less than a week" is still very true.

It's a dumb gimmick thing meant for some laughs, the loafer functions will continue getting adjusted when I have some time and patience to deal with it again.