Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Enzymatic Reclaimer now removes the implants from a body as well as stripping...
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[FEATURE][INPUT WANTED]
About the PR
When reclaiming bodies in the enzymatic reclaimer, if they had any implants in them, they will be dropped in implant cases along with their belongings. This does not include shrapnel.

Why's this needed?
It would be neat if this was a thing? This is primarily aimed at security officers, as their security health implants are only found in secoffs, and if your body gets reclaimed before you pop out of the cloner, you can't get another one, meaning you lose a very important part of the secoffs toolkit. For civilians, it also means that any implants you had in you before dying can be reused once you pop out, so you don't have to print them again. Recycling!

Changelog

Code:
(u)TrustworthyFella:
(+)The enzymatic reclaimer now spits out any implants that were in the body when reclaiming

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Well alright then. This would also mean you would get mindslave implants out as well huh?
(10-20-2020, 10:11 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Well alright then. This would also mean you would get mindslave implants out as well huh?

With regards to mindslaves, the code used for the ejection is the exact same as the code used when removing an implant from someone surgically,so it shouldn't do anything that isn't possible to do by putting the body on a table and cutting the implants out manually. So you won't get a mindslave back when you shouldn't.
Deluxe mindslaves should still come out yeah? I dunno if that changed or something.
(10-20-2020, 12:49 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Deluxe mindslaves should still come out yeah? I dunno if that changed or something.

Yeah, they seemed to come out during testing, so I'd say yes, although I couldn't test on another player so I can't be sure, although the code checks out.
(10-20-2020, 10:11 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: Well alright then. This would also mean you would get mindslave implants out as well huh?

I keep thinking "Is there a problem with this?"

Like, outing a mindslave that died in some accident. It's one thing if a mindslave dies being caught doing mindslave shit, it's another if it's from some random unrelated deadly occurance happening in congruent with their own nefarious plots.

The former gives you motivation for checking through surgery if they were mindslaved. The second you might just clone them.

Having the mindslave implant fall out, it would confirm mindslaves whether or not you were even aware that was a possibility.
Na I didn't have a problem with it. I was just wondering if that would happen.
Ok this works the same as surgery. NM!
Freshly merged, so moving to Good ideas! subforum.About same as described in original post, though there's one thing they didn't mention: the implant comes out as in a glass case (removing an implant via surgery does same pretty sure). Author's addressed the mindslave thing by saying:
Quote:Actually, having a mindslave revealed post death via the reclaimer doesn't change anything at all. If you're cloning a former mindslave, they'll probably snitch as soon as they pop out, so the existence of mindslaves will be confirmed regardless of whether the implant pops out or not. The fact that its confirmed a bit earlier doesn't really make a difference, especially with cloning now being near instant if no one else has been cloned recently.

Per usual, if you'd like this to be changed or adjusted, e.g. maybe not having the mindslave implant pop out but letting other implants pop out, feel free to make thread.