Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland T. Dapperman or Lisi, LLJK #1, Approx. 9:40PM CST
Admin name: Roland T. Dapperman or Lisi (They were on when I adminwho'd)

Server: LLJK #1

Date/Time: Approx. 9:40PM CST

My username: Ilovetoeatcats

Synopsis: The detective was going to gib me for breaking and entering. I adminhelped about it and I was tele-ported a short distance out of a welded crate that was on the belt in disposals. I heard nothing from the admin(s) about what had happened, I was left confused and angry. It appeared to me that the detective went unpunished.

Log:
(Gary Langston, detective, was not a traitor according to the round end)

I break into customs, looking to add some cash to my account.

The detective sees me and stuns me over the desk with a stun gun.

I can't move, so he uses an ID card to enter the bridge. He then strips me completely and cuffs me. He sees a spare ID box and inside was the HoP's ID card, he gives himself a captain rank ID card right in front of me as he punishes me not following my access restrictions. Breaking News Developing... RUDE Breaking News Developing...

He takes me to the brig. I ask if I'm going to die, he says, "No, you're just going to be very cramped." Then he welds me into a crate and starts to drag me towards the bar.

At this point I admin help:
Code:
HELP:  You: Gary Langston the detective thinks punishment for breaking into the brig is stripping and welding into a crate.

He said something along these lines as he was dragging me, I think I didn't hear his first sentence:
Code:
Otherwise all of the servers would go to shit.
I think he thought killing me would help cleanup the server somehow.

As we start to near disposals I get worried. He places the crate onto the belt. I then adminhelp this:
Code:
HELP:  You: Apparently it also includes gibbing

I had given up at this point, but the crate stopped moving and I was teleported out into a nearby maintenance hallway. I believe this was an admin and not a glitch.

All throughout this I got no messages from admins, no way of knowing whether they had helped or if the detective had been warned or punished. I was very mad and was going to have my revenge on the detective after I broke out of my cuffs.

The round ended with me not having time to get him.

The next round I adminhelped this, but got no response:
Code:
HELP:  You: Did anything happen to the detective as punishment? I want to know if any justice was dealt, I'm mad.

Extra Information: None.

I am complaining that the admin did not communicate with me in any way. I was confused and angry and not knowing what was going on did not help.

All he needed to say was, "There teleported you away", or "I warned him, he'll stop", and I would have been satisfied. I was left not knowing what was going on, not knowing if I was still going to be hunted down and killed, and not knowing if the detective was going to be punished or not.

I understand that admins will ignore requests if the player is an antagonist, but he was not. If he was, then why did the admin teleport me out of the welded crate?

(I read some other complaints targeted at Lisi, they all contain (Maybe not?) in the title) Hmmm...
You really aren't owed any personal confirmation of admin decisions or actions.
Cogwerks Wrote:You really aren't owed any personal confirmation of admin decisions or actions.

I know, but compared to the admins that do confirm, I consider this admin bad.
Personally I think you should be grateful. Every admin would have looked into it but not every admin would have taken the time to save your life. And honestly I don't know what they could say to you. They can't tell you whether or not he's an antagonist, and it seems rather pointless to say 'I just teleported you away' when you could deduce that for yourself.
I think the situation was handled perfectly fine.
johnsonblack Wrote:(I read some other complaints targeted at Lisi, they all contain (Maybe not?) in the title) Hmmm...

hehe this time it wasn't me!!!

though seriously I don't remember this at all, maybe I was afk? I can't teleport people in the way you described... also in general I always give a response of "i'll look into it" or "i'll handle it" for adminhelps that I pick up, even if I know the killing is legit or whatever. if another admin is dealing with it I dont say or do anything.
That was indeed me. My apologies for not really getting back to you. I was planning on making you a traitor so you could have some revenge, but a thing came up and I got sidetracked and eventually had to leave. Sorry again.

That said, I DO remember the key of the detective and I will yell at him as soon as I see him again.
Cogwerks Wrote:You really aren't owed any personal confirmation of admin decisions or actions.

Sorry Cogs, but sometimes, the mentor players get more lee-way in these kinds of things than others, if only due to being trusted and wonderful players.

The whole fiasco involving BlackPhoenix is a good example and that dang thread has gone on for about twenty or so posts. Despite the, uh, shitty nature of the player involved, sometimes favoritism happens. For the better, given the better players, sure, but this complaint isn't completely invalid.
APARTHEID Wrote:

Sorry Cogs, but sometimes, the mentor players get more lee-way in these kinds of things than others, if only due to being trusted and wonderful players.

The whole fiasco involving BlackPhoenix is a good example and that dang thread has gone on for about twenty or so posts. Despite the, uh, shitty nature of the player involved, sometimes favoritism happens. For the better, given the better players, sure, but this complaint isn't completely invalid.
Fiasco involving me? What?
I assumed he was talking about viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1839