Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make singularities not a PITA to bust again
Couldn't find a PR for this change, but around a month ago, the singularity was made immune to weak explosions. In fact, it was made immune to everything but TTV grade explosions. Thats up to a 15x15 explosion needed just to destroy something thats currently eating away at your station because the traitor CE let it loose, and wasted QM's budget. Currently, the most popular map with a singularity on it is Manta. The thing about Manta is, it has no toxins. This means unless you have a singularity buster(which the singularity has a chance of eating before anyone knows its loose) or QM has enough budget to buy one,its quite difficult to get rid of it. Before, any staffie with a pipebomb could attempt wiping out the big bad Singuloth. Now it costs 10,000 credits. Now personally, I don't see why it was made more difficult, considering the singularity engine was already a huge pain, resulting in shuttle calls almost every time its loose, even when all it took to kill it was a single pipebomb thrown into it. But then again, this is just my opinion, so what do other people think?
I dunno. If every map had a couple Sing Busters and they are buyable from QM I think it should be fine.
hm. pushed a couple changes to make bombing the sing a bit more reliable. Also, manta has the high-explosive torpedoes, which will pop the sing 100% of the time (in theory)