Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back old pod warping...
...as a feature of unique engines that can be installed. By default the new method is fine, but I can see the old method being a nice upgrade or installed and in specific pods.

Mostly I noticed that the new method requires Syndicates to clear their hangar floor to launch.
I had thought that allowing more powerful engines could have a shorter distance before it they warp. But it's so rare that people swap out engines that I didn't see a point. But maybe I should cause it would give them a reason to do so.

Perhaps I could make a special engine that lets you make warps without having to move. But I'd still want the pod to be stopped for several seconds before it makes the warp so you cant just lay portals like traps easily while being chased.
You know what, after hearing that this was so controversial, I think I'll change it somewhat.

Instead of doing the autopilot runup to the warp. Now you'll have to be stationary, and it will slowly over ~2 seconds make a portal 2 or 3 tiles in front of you. Then when it's finished you can go through.