Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quantum Derelict Salvage
It would be neat for Research to be able to use the Quantum Telescope for more than the same handful of unique locations. What if you could locate and teleport to random/modular ships or even just chunks of ships? Having to break/hack your way into a derelict ship and open up high level chests and wall safes would be neat. Could even have landmines and other traps leftover, make it a high risk/high reward heist that's different every time you try it.

Additionally, if Mining could choose to pull in little wrecks with the magnet on purpose, that would also be rad. The random debris you pull in is a cool idea thematically, but they're usually pretty barren and often turn into a wasted minute that could have been spent on an asteroid. Having a less dangerous encounter than nanites for guaranteed chests or blueprints or something would be nice.

Having random blueprints in general as loot would be fun for mining. The ability to print new and interesting things right there at mining without having to run around the station and hope you can scan and print something seems satisfying.
I know this is very late, but I think the idea is pretty neat. I think the idea of blueprint rewards should be explored more (I say more because Polaris already does this); having to build/manufacture a powerful/unique loot item first could make for some interesting balance. And of course more mineral magnet wrecks and quantum telescope locations are always nice.

One thing that I think might be funny is if you could pull in destroyed versions of areas from other maps, like pulling in a ruined crew quarters section from Clarion on Cog1 or the old autolathe room on Mushroom.