Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aligote banned by studenterhue
Who banned you?:studenterhue
[b]Byond Key: Aligote[/b]
[b][b]Discord Username: None[/b][/b]
[b][b][b]Date of Ban: October 17, 2020[/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b]Specified Reason for Ban: Deconstructed some floors in Medbay, Security, and the main halls and welded some doors shut in revenge for not being cloned. Was pretty unapolegetic about it. Take the week off.[/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b][b][b][b][b]Ban Length: 7 days[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b]What led to the ban?:[/b] Ok I'm gonna go all the way back to a few rounds before my ban. I was a medic on Goonstation, the MD watched as I was outomending someone, he said i need to give blood into the recipient and i didnt know how. Next round as a botonist, i tested this by going into medbay and taking a blood and salin-glucose sack. I stabbed myself till i was crit and used the bloodsack, my blood pressure went back to normal and i now knew how to transfer blood, HOWEVER, i also recieved shock and i died bfore i could test how shock worked. So then i played a few more rounds in Goonstation, puting myself in crit and trying to heal myself but still have the shock effect but to no success. Then i went to Goonstation Overflow to test shock and i almost got it before a robotisist dragged me into a sleeper and took away the shock effect. After a few more attempts the robotisist took the shanai i was putting myself in crit and shock into the disposal bin. I went after into the disposal bin and died in the grinder. After that, i went into goonstation RP overflow, while testing myself the MD REFUSED to heal me when i pleaded with him to do so for the tests. I was getting really bitter with how everything was turning out so after getting demoted and taunted by sec officers saying "wait do you want to die or not?" when i tried to heal myself from crit, i went into the bar and dropped some plates. I experienced cardiac arrest in my next test and i went back to the MD, he REFUSED to give me a heart transplant and said he would let me DIE. When i grabbed and shoved him into robotics to get myself a robotic HEART he called the cap and taunted me for not knowing that epiniphrine heals cardiac arrest, now at this time i was pissed that the next time this happens MD would probably leave me to die and i attcked him and CAP with a circular saw. After i was arrested and let free i stabbed myself till i was crit again infront of sec, when i was rushed back into medbay CAP suplexed me and they put me into the morgue with no attention to clone me. I was furious and made myself a ghost drone and deconstructed holes in medbay and sec as revenge.
[b]Why am I appealing?: As you can probably tell, im reasoning why i did what i did and don't really feel remorse for my actions. The only reason I'm appealing is in a weak attempt to garner sympathy and get myself back in the server to do those frustrating shock tests and possibly having legit fun in the server in the future.[/b]
[b][b]Which rule did you break?: The griefing rules for ghost drones.[/b][/b]
[b][b]Evasion Attempts: NONE[/b][/b]
Most cases with ghostdrones we see tend to be pretty simple. They violate their laws, and when we ask them why, it turns out they had no idea there were ghostdrone laws at all, or that they thought the laws were same as cyborg laws, or that they didn't know something was against their laws. They're usually quick to apologize when we point out they did something against the rules, and they usually just get a warning rather than a ban.

This case is not like those. Not only did you repeatedly assert you knew there were ghostdrone laws and that you knew they were against those laws and the server rules, but when confronted, you gave nothing but excuses. You said, you fixed them afterwards (nevermind that you did it again after fixing them or that you shouldn't be doing these things anyways), the floors removals were "targeted", you weren't familiar with the RP Overflow server, you were angry that they didn't clone you, on and on with the poor attempts at justification.

Amidst that was hardly a hint of remorse. Never even a simple "sorry". Heck, you even at one point outright said you'd do it again if you had the chance. Even now with this appeal, the bulk of it is a defense of your actions where you paint yourself as the victim, show no concern for the harm you caused, and once again outright say you don't feel any remorse.Nevermind that the RP servers aren't testing servers or that the doctors were acting very reasonably in assuming that someone who repeatedly harmed themselves wanted to die and deciding not to revive you--not that any wrong they could have done would ever justify any wrongs you did.

I got to be honest, the only reason you aren't banned for longer than a week is because there are no notes of similar incidents. Rather than making me want to lift this ban, it makes me wish I'd banned for longer. Why should we allow on our servers someone who lashes out against others by breaking the rules and shows they don't care about the harm they caused--and as a role whose very existence hinges on players not using it to get revenge on people?
"""""Hey welcome to the sincerity zone were its all sincerity all the time,"""""" Studenthue you probably know that I know that this appeal was in fact an excuse to what I did. I did state the appeal as a weak attempt to garner sympathy, I knew this probably wasn't going to turn out well just like when I started making holes. In the end, the only purpose this thread will serve is as a warning to when I get unbanned in 7 days and I finish my tests. U might not even return to this thread and discover my warning.
+1 to your clown whitelist app
(10-18-2020, 12:26 PM)Aligote Wrote: """""Hey welcome to the sincerity zone were its all sincerity all the time,"""""" Studenthue you probably know that I know that this appeal was in fact an excuse to what I did. I did state the appeal as a weak attempt to garner sympathy, I knew this probably wasn't going to turn out well just like when I started making holes. In the end, the only purpose this thread will serve is as a warning to when I get unbanned in 7 days and I finish my tests. U might not even return to this thread and discover my warning.

If you're going to respond with further callousness and lack of remorse and make threats/sarcasm, then you don't deserve to play here.
I see that u have permabanned me. TIME TO USE MY ALT ACCOUNT!
Oh no, you sure got us.
[Image: unknown.png?width=601&height=677]