HoS Application - Drake Fischer (Hahaomg)
Usual character name: Drake Fischer

BYOND username: Hahaomg
Discord username (if you are on our discord): pride -iwnl- #3917

Recommended by (if applicable): N/A

Goon servers you play: RP1

Reason for application: 

I created my BYOND account expecting it to be a throwaway account (hence my username) to try out Space Station 13 and then forget about it in a week or so. It has been three months now playing countless shifts, playing multiple roles (mainly security), and I thought maybe its time I should give it a shot and apply for HoS.

Security experience (300 word minimum): 

From the first day of playing as a security officer until now I still enjoy the thrill of the chase and the unique RP experience it brings being one. Every shift, whether I start as a security officer or an antagonist, I learn more of what makes a good and a bad officer. I learned that to be a fair security officer, you must first be the one arrested and experience how it feels when an officer handles you. You take notes of what certain officers do and don't, how it feels when the officer does or say, and when its your turn to become one, you look back and improve from it. I still remember the first few weeks of playing on RP1 server where I encountered competent security officers explaining what I did and how I am being an asshole. It was definitely a good learning experience for me. I learned that being a security officer that understands the balance of fun and strict is what makes a great officer which I ultimately strive to be. I feel that I have a good understanding of the balance to lead a security team, and to ensure that everybody on the station have fun.

Before grinding out my security game, I started by off by being every single antagonist role and being good at it. I know what works and does not work for each, and whenever I got a question I always ask the mentors for guidance. I have gotten into many chases and learned what works when trying to evade the security officers. I have also learned every effective counter for every antag role and with it came my robustness. With the space lag gods on my side, I can confidently fight against any antagonist role on my own with enough preparation. I know medical, construction/repair, hacking of doors/lockers/crates, spoofing IDs, and if there are things I do not know, I am never afraid to ask. I can stand on my own and can lead a team of security to be not only fun, but to be robust. 

What advice would you give to other sec players?

1. Before approaching a wanted crew member, determine if he/she is dangerous or is very likely to run. If the suspect has a previous record of attacking security officers, or evading arrest, stun on sight. If nothing else applies, approach the suspect and tell him/her that she is wanted and continue with procedure.

2. First thing to do when the shift start is to scan yourself using your data disk into the cloner console.

3. Use the extra power cell provided by you in your security pouch. When you start your shift, immediately swap in the extra 300 unit power cell to your 200 unit baton or stun gun.

4. Use the uniform closet and change your attire to personally fit you because you deserve better. 

5. When you have your stun baton out, make sure you are on help intent if you want to stun or else you will stun yourself.

6. Do not have your weapons out when patrolling due to the increased likeliness you would stumble on the ground and lose it.

7. Always keep the weapon pin-pointer. Track, rip and tear those who steal your non-lethals.

8. When you are chasing an evading suspect with a stun gun, try to anticipate the suspect going through one tile areas (such as door ways) and electric dump them.

9. You can have a stun baton on one hand and cuffs on the other. If you are unsure how long a downed suspect is stunned for, cuff and stun at the same time.

10. Make sure that you and the suspect is having fun. Try to be lenient with the sentencing, especially those who are compliant. Even if they are an antag, sentence them for only the crimes they have committed. 

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

1. When you use the security records program on your security PDA, it would be helpful if they were sorted in alphabetical order.

2. With everyone on the station having implants, have a system where the security team have modified implants that automatically notify to the security team the location of a security officer that, for example, has pressed some sort of a distress button. Instead of stopping and trying to talk through your radio asking for help during a fight, all can be done by using a single button (such as a command in the command tab).

3. A console in security HQ that has a mini-map of all security officer's location with their names. A security officer who likes to stay on the front desk will have more purpose and can coordinate the team.

4. Security headsets should be able to call for a paramedic. It would probably just be security headsets being able to talk in the medic frequency. Security officers can immediately ask for medical assistance to the scene just like in real life.

5. More robust donut boxes

Describe any differences in your playstyle when you are with a full security team and when being the only security officer.

Whenever I am with a full security team, I like to extend meaningful RP when I arrest people. I like to ask more questions such as why and how you did such crime. I give people chances to redeem themselves and maybe release them with a warning if I see fit. Whenever I approach a security officer already apprehending a suspect, I support the arresting officer and don't try to take control unless I feel I have to. 

When I am the only security officer, I priorities everything whether it would be satisfying my thirst/hunger and reports of crime. I keep all of my interactions short and to the point, and constantly move.

What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?

Whenever there are nothing major going on, when I arrest someone I give them a chance to redeem themselves. Examples include setting up the basketball net and tell them to sink three shots in a row from down town for freedom, fight me in the ring, release them to then chase them again to give them a second chance of escape, punishments that fits the crime (someone fed me a poisonous, urine drink disguised as lemonade so I gave him an ultimatum of either drinking his own piss or brig time), converting spies to become an agent for me, and forming alliances of antags to hunt down other antags. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
None (at least that I know of).
While we appreciate the time you put into this application, we are going to pass on this application for the time being. You are more then welcome to reapply at a later date after putting some more time into the security job and building up trust in your ability to handle the additional responsivities that come with a Head of Security position.