Dimwhat's HoS application (You can stop bullying me now)
Rainbow 
Usual character name: Sasha Flick
BYOND username: DimWhat
Discord username (if you are on our discord): DimWhat
Recommended by (if applicable): Drago Kitterson, Sord, Kamedes, uranium pew-35, Rlocks, makkipakki, Juiced-UPP ToASter TAnNER, ThePotato, Vampirate, and Retrino (Maybe more, but I couldn't find them easily on the discord)
Goon servers you play: Goon 4 and rarely Goon 2

Reason for application: To get people to stop bullying me I'm applying for HoS because I've grown quite tired of having to practically beg my fellow officers to stop chasing that assistant who shoved you once or stop arresting some guy who just left the brig or to not open the armoury for nothing. The list goes on really. I feel if I were to become HoS I would have more leeway in convincing my fellow security to not do some of these dumb things

Security experience (300 word minimum): My journey through the security department has been a long and difficult one. I started playing security because I saw all those mean officers that tried either nearly murdered me for walking into security or those officers that tried to kill everyone. I thought all that was wrong even as a new player I felt it was all out of wack. So I played a few security rounds and it was rough. People were mean and I was mostly scared when I was sec. This lasted until I played a round where there was another officer. That's when I learned the power of comradery. The round was gangs too so it ended up being one of my favorite security rounds to this day. I learned a lot from that round, like how to properly use my taser or how to properly baton all because I had backup when I messed up. While there was no HoS that round. The team helped me a lot as an officer. And I picked up on many tips and tricks throughout the two months I've played sec. But fighting wasn't everything to me. I had Ticketmaster to hold my hand throughout my rounds of sec. When I saw something that the crew is having fun with but wasn't safe I would ticket it. The goonhub page on tickets taught me a lot on how to properly handle certain scenarios as sec. I wasn't there to stop the fun of a round. I was there to try and keep the round from absolutely falling apart. I talked on the discord about a few of my sec rounds and was rather completely taken aback when I was told to apply for HoS. I kinda got a little anxious about playing sec. Because all these people thought I was good, when I felt like I was still a garbage officer. So I stepped up my game for a month to be the best officer there is. And here I am, one month later, with an application. All it took me was a few silly harmbatons and being nice.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? The crew is much more trustworthy than you think. It's good to have some assistant watching your back in case you get knocked out. Don't make sec the ellusive department that takes out antags. Bring the crew in to interact in the hunt against the highly murderous antagonist. They are probably itching to use some murder weapon they found.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) One time on Oshan there was a wizard running around making a mess, not a murdery mess. Just a big ol' mess of the station without flooding it. I chased that wizard with a VERY long ticket trying to give it to her.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? For the love of all things holy please give security podbay a button that only responds to Military Pods and Putts. Better yet, give them a special communications unit for that button! I'm tired of being locked out of sec when I go out to stop a ling in space or something similar.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When I'm alone I tend to be a lone wolf a bit more. I don't talk much on the sec channel nor do I other players as much. When you are the only line of defense. You gotta be a little cautious
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Roses are redViolets are blueI'm bad at poetryuh... sec should be blue?
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? Giving every single crewmember a copy of ticketmaster, in order to dissuade crime from being committed on station. Then collecting every single ticket that is left on the ground and ticketing the person that ticketed that ticket. That gimmick can only end well.
  • Draw a picture! I drew Sasha today. I can't stop laughing at this stupid face.
  • [Image: Sasha_WIP.jpg]
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I got joke banned by adhara a few days back. I hold my position firmly that Adhara is NOT cute. Adhara = Smellhara
Yes, I have come to know Dimwhat pretty well over the last few months and they are a perfect fit for HoS. They are incredibly robust, even to the point where I have to admit that they might even be more robust than me, but they are just as compassionate and empathetic, and knows when and how to be lenient with antags and how to juggle a round's fun with the crew's safety very well.

They are also very communicable and personable, and communicates well with others. I believe they would be quite capable of leading the security team and communicating with not only their fellow officers but evnn the station and other departments.

All in all Dimwhat is a great peep and I'm glad they've finally applied! I would even support them for mentor but if they don't want to that's fine. Absolute +1 from me.
DimWhat is a fantastic Security Officer, and I wish there were more of their caliber willing to play the job. From the first time I deputized them in a shift they've shown that they have a rational and empathetic approach to playing Security, and they understand that it's all about balancing the fun of everyone, from the crew to the antags. I believe they'd be a phenomenal Head of Security and I look forward to playing with them when it happens. I'm glad you finally applied, Dim!
+1!

DimWhat is awesome at balancing Sec duties with Station duties. I've only played a few rounds with Sasha, but the most memorable (and one of the most memorable ever) was when I later-joined as an inspector on Overflow; things were slow, there wasn't much crime, and I believe Security was even full. I wanted to go do Juicer Schweet's, and Sasha buddied up with me, since I asked over radio if anyone wanted to help and none of the other crew was interested. I framed it as being an "inspection" of the facility. Sasha jumped in the Diner Bus, and away we went! We ticketed Every. Single. Violation. in Juicer Schweet's, and even though it was Overflow, we RP'd out the entire process, and discovery of the secret of Juicer Schweet's. It was a really good moment, and I think it shows a couple of things: one, I was brought in on the fun in a round where I might've otherwise went alone and had an overall "meh" experience. What started as a throw-away round for me ended as one of my top 3. Two, there was an analysis of the station situation, which was pretty mild; correctly gauging threats and knowing how much force is needed to respond to them allows for Security to better optimize their gameplay, and by extension, a lot of other people's! Even if the result is some sort of wacky adventure! 3.) I appreciated Dim's leading me through the zone, but still keeping the mystery for me. I was sincerely hooked to the very end, and I think it shows Dim has a keen sense of how to guide other people and make their round enjoyable without trying to control them. That's a really, really valuable skill for a HoS, in my opnion.
I'm not an overflow regular but I've had a few occasions to see Sasha playing as secoff. Dim's a really great officer that cares about other people's fun and they fully deserve a HoS beret.

+1 From me
+1 they are a good seccie and will be an even better head of security
I'd rate sasha flick as like a 3/10 secoff, which is 3x higher than a normal secoff. Give beret
Had some serious good times playing with Sasha, they are fun and robust. Highly recommended +1
Dimwhat is driven and capable in this game, and actively thinks about the fun of others. As sec that means they do their job to the best of their ability AND also don't harm baton the antag first chance they get. They're personable, and always fun to be around. They actually play the role as the community service role it was intended and that's so bleeding rare. But with that they don't also lose the sense of fun you can have rpiing a lil bit of corruption from time to time. They're this nice balance of all the elements of the game you want to see.

They can be intense at times, a could keep a cooler head, but when that gets em in trouble it's always them that pays the price, not them making things worse for others.

They also like to take the time to get to know people and their motivations, why they play the way they do, to figure out more than just the surface they see, and I think that translates well into how you play HoS. Ask questions, sort situations verbally. See the angles and not just view every problem as a nail you're the hammer for.

plus 1 from me. I usually shut up about sec and just say "yeah they good" but... I think in years to come Dimwhat will be a player that helps to define what players expect from the role in ways a few other HoS players do now. I think especially right now with all the new players we have, they will be a major asset.
I've seen sasha around the station alot and quite frequently and they know their shit. Fun to play with and just a general pleasure to be around. Definite +1 in my book.
Sasha is a pleasure to play with and a pain in the ass to play against. Even so, I've had many fun rounds as traitor with Sasha as security- not something you can say about most security officers. +1 for sure.
Dim-WAIT you applied? I'm going to jump on this bandwagon