Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Timelock for Vice Officer and/or Detective?
Uh, yeah we should totally lean into that interpretation of the Vice Officer.

Let's give them more gear for finding and disposing narcotics and other vices, and less arms.

I actually love the idea of a lower stress tier version of Sec.

Kind of a halfway point between Sec Crime busters and Detective Sleuthing
I'd fully support the idea of adding 5 more job slots and making a lower tier version of Security. Remove the taser and stun baton and I think it'd be good to go. I think it'd be good if we had them like the UK has Community Service Officers, where their main function is to provide support in crime prevention, investigation, and response where full police powers are unnecessary and assists police officers in upholding law and order. (stolen from wikipedia)

I think this would give alot of breathing room for Security Officers to deal with real threats and would also enable raising the round limit for playing as Sec

On that note, I think if that turns into reality, I think it'd be fun(ny) to kick the Detective out of Security and make him a Civilian job
Have the detective keep all the red stuff because at one point he was part of the security force but has since been fired and technically doesn't belong to any department.
Vice officer being pre-sec sounds good. I want to see the sec timelock pushed up more, and if detective is timelocked it needs to be on par with that of security's. Detective slot is almost always filled and letting people be a det before sec wouldn't help matters.
Detective wasnt part of sec really. Hes just a private detective that was hired by centcom and he has a gun license.
What happened in the past though was HoS was fired from security and basically made into a civvie but then he saved the crew from disaster and got his job back.
LORE
In a recent round I saw a newbie detective intervene in a disarm fight with lethal rounds. My goodness does detective need a time lock so people know not to shoot into a crowd of three people with lethals.
While on one hand I want people to not be shit when playing Detective, on the other I've come to expect the Detective to be an outright jackass perma-antagonist bastard fuckshit murdering fuckass useless sec appendix gunwielding moron powergaming shitfuck unpleasant at all gatherings catchall for jerks who just want to hurt people antag or not asshole fuck that it'd honestly feel weird for them to be... not that.

... yeah sure timegate em.
(10-15-2020, 11:12 PM)Superlagg Wrote: While on one hand I want people to not be shit when playing Detective, on the other I've come to expect the Detective to be an
outright jackass perma-antagonist bastard fuckshit murdering fuckass useless sec appendix gunwielding moron powergaming shitfuck unpleasant at all gatherings

catchall for jerks who just want to hurt people antag or not asshole fuck that it'd honestly feel weird for them to be... not that.

... yeah sure timegate em.

Im stealing this insult, and yeah timelock det if anything it should be higher because hehe gun go pew pew
Can we take some of superlaggs detective swear out and make beepsky say it specifically when he arrests the detective for being a shit?
You could remove all starting lethal from the 357? Then only HoS and Captain would start with lethal.
(10-19-2020, 12:51 PM)Katzen Wrote: You could remove all starting lethal from the 357? Then only HoS and Captain would start with lethal.

I'd have to say never.
Timegate Vice Officers to 420 minutes played.
(10-19-2020, 12:51 PM)Katzen Wrote: You could remove all starting lethal from the 357? Then only HoS and Captain would start with lethal.

Hmmmm, perhaps there could be something where if you've played more than ___ rounds you get a ticket allowing you to redeem a few lethal speedloaders?