Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OMG Admin Triggered podfight mode when?
(10-13-2020, 11:20 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: But all that aside, pod combat is rather bland. Pods move too fast and the screen view is too small. And there's not enough variety in offensive/defensive/movement options for pods. But if we tried this out, maybe we'll get some cool ideas for what to improve.

IIRC, admins have(or at least had many moons ago) the power to change the view range people have to be a lot larger. How feasible would that be to implement in some fashion when in pods? (Though probably better to keep it just for this mode, might be a tad OP in normal modes)

I've toyed around with building a pod combat area a few times on station and it's kind of ok, but the fights always ended too quickly. This was mostly because of the small area I'd build for it, but also because of the low pod health. For this reason I'd suggest making the pod mode armor quite a bit more robust, even more robust than the sec/syndi armors that currently exist. Shield would of course be preferrable, but I think that just generally more tough pod armor would be a good compromise.

There could also be some room for a support pod that had less armor and no weapons, but had its weapons replaced with a welder kind of repair tool that could be used to repair a friendly pod that's next to you. Maybe there could even be some room for the mining drill pod as a kind of frontline, "melee" role tank to charge ahead.

And maybe instead of having just a bare space, the fighting area between the rival stations the stations could be situated in the kind of randomly generated asteroid area that is on space maps now. Asteroids could bring some interesting tactics in play, defending choke points and perphaps mining through asteroids to flank, make FOB's, repair/healing area inside one, maybe even tie the warp mechanic to player built spots only.

With the asteroid building in mind, adding a modified RCD that could only reinforce asteroid walls could be cool too to pick and choose the areas you want to stay somewhat safe and prevent flanking. (The normal RCD's treat asteroid/trench walls as normal walls and when you use it on them with the wall mode it'll reinforce it and turn it into a normal reinforced wall.) Having the random area could also bring some other points of interest to fight over since the random asteroid mining area can have some cool loot that the factions could fight over.

Overall I like the idea, it could be made into a refined construction mode kind of with a very cool combat element and give a purpose and goal for the people building.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG Admin Triggered podfight mode when? - by Tribaja - 10-14-2020, 04:36 AM