Vampirate mentor app don't laugh.
Usual character name: Dickson Ormus and AI brought 2 you by SquareSpace
BYOND username: Vampirate
Discord username (if you are on our discord):Vampirate#6895

Recommended by (if applicable): Drago156, Uranium,  Dimwhat, and a bunch others.

Goon servers you play:  main and overflow, mostly the latter.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

So like I didn't think I should post this and then someone said I should post, and then more people said I should.  

Not many players go as far back as I do, but also most every player has a better history.   I know the games systems in and out, engineering aside.   Any time I get a unique chance to poke at the systems I take it. I've been playing for a long time, on other servers for a bit when not here as well.  

I have a natural love of testing how things work in the game, or learning systems so I can make my own bases, things like that.  Learned the electrical systems so I could keep power running as ai and such.  There's a lot of people who know the raw data better, but in terms of application I think I am one of the most knowledgeable people around.   Packets and engine set up probably being the big exception, though I can do both.

Since I've come back i've found great joy in answering people's questions, talking shop, and just like... sparking the imagination of new and learning players.   I just wanna help folk when I get a chance.   I want to help new players love the server like I do. 

I know also this means I gotta ups my game in terms of how I present myself on discord and such.  I'm already not a fluffy "ILY" AI or character (My lrp on those are known), but I love teaching people things in game too.   My weakness is by the end of the night my butt can be a bit grim when I am at that point where my meds wearing off but it's too soon to take more.  I've gotten really good at disengaging, and also if I got a problem with someone discussing it and like... finding their perspective cause most people are likeable if you give em a chance and you try to understand them.

That last long rant is cause...

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):   So many.  I was the worst in history.  Ok not that bad, but probably close. Sploded twice, or was it three?  Like a bully, straight up bully.

My first ever note on Goonstation was back in a different time and it was that I whined too much (cause I'd adminhelped things) and I took that to heart in the worst way.  As Goon got better, I stayed locked in to that mindset.   Space people who cross you, Kill people who give you the slightest provocation...etc.   I got banned so many times and I was just an ugly ugly person on the inside.   I had issues that weren't gonna be fixed by trying ot be better in a game.   Admins tried for years to get through to me on what my problems were but I refused to see them.  Once I read back the old threads coming back this year I was so sad, cause like... just watching myself ignore people who genuinely wanted to see me thrive here I could feel their frustration.

My bans are numerous and well documented here, and the most I've had since I've come back is some admins pulled me aside and basically were like "holy shit man you are depressing" and I could/can? be a bummer but also right after that I got on the four meds I'm on now and it's helped a bunch with my stress. 

So yeah, but also I think it'd be cool to be a Mentor cause like... if I could turn it around anyone could, and I think that'd be nice to see and a good message to put out to people who wanna reform.

I just wanna help people.  If I could answer mentorhelps without being a mentor I'd do that lol.  I dunno if I'll ever think I should be a mentor with my history but other people have encouraged me to when I said I was thinking on it and I figured I could put myself out there once and try.   

This is kinda rambly and I edited some.  That's my app tho. Thank you for reading it.

Messages In This Thread
Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by vampirate - 10-11-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by Caro - 10-11-2020, 11:37 PM
RE: Vampirate mentor app don't laugh. - by Chayot - 10-12-2020, 01:33 PM