Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PR] Adds ways to earn Job XP for Bartender and Chaplain
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
Added-
New "Bartender training" trait. Currently used only for distinguishing real barkeeps from wannabes but I have other planned uses for it in the future as well.
Chaplains will now earn Job XP by inately resisting Wizards spells and Vampire abilities. EG, Vampire tries to hypnotise Chaplain, it fails, Chaplain gets 2 XP for it.
Reintroduced Chaplain bible healing as a Job XP gain but on a 3 minute cooldown.
Bartenders now gain XP for shaking their shakers and adding garnishes to glasses (umbrellas, salting rims, adding wedges and adding ice). Applied cooldowns to ice to prevent grinding (might not be neccesary, idk)

I'll work to adding rewards to the respective jobs in the future

Why's this needed?
To lay the ground works for expanding the Job Rewards system

Changelog
Code:
(u)Carbadox:
(*)Added ways to earn Job XP for Bartender and Chaplain.
(+)For Chaplain, you can earn it by inately resisting Wizards spells and Vampire abilities as well as using your Bible to heal (or smite) people.
(+)For Bartender, you can earn it by shaking your cocktail shaker and applying garnishes to glasses.
(+)Do note that cooldowns have been applied to some of these methods, so there's no point in trying to speedrun your levels.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
PS - Give me your thoughts regarding the numbers, cooldown timers and XP amount.
I don't think there should be too many of these "training" traits because they limit things players can do without a way around that. I love the idea that a staff assistant can do anything a captain can in SS13 but it just takes more effort. Try not to turn this game into some class based shooter.

Otherwise, I like the XP additions.
I'm not sure I understand your comment. Currently the bartender trait is only used to distinguish bartenders from other people with a cocktail shaker, since otherwise you'd have see stuff like other people shaking cocktails and the bartender just randomly getting XP.

I want to make sure of the bartender trait in the future of unique interaction/text when doing stuff but otherwise, there's nothing in the trait that limits anything.
Doesn't the bartender already have a unique trait that lets them tell what chems are in something by tasting it?
(10-12-2020, 02:41 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Doesn't the bartender already have a unique trait that lets them tell what chems are in something by tasting it?

correct
Hey, remember this PR? It's merged now. I know, I didn't expect it either.

Carbadox decided to have the code just check if the person doing the action is a bartender rather than creating a new job trait and looking for it, per ZeWaka's advice. In addition, bible healing's XP reward is now based on a 5% chance rather than on cooldown to prevent grinding. Smiting unholy things with it however has neither chance nor cooldown, so like with getting targeted by certain Wizard and Vampire abilities, it's a consistent way to earn XP.

Bartenders earn XP for adding garnishes (ice, salt, fruit wedges--but not umbrellas or olives and similar), per the original description, but it's been changed to be based on a 20% chance, again as anti-grinding. Earning XP by using the shaker still has a cooldown, i.e. it's guaranteed to give you XP, but you can only do it every three minutes.

Oh, and this PR also adds golden cocktail shaker for studious bartenders too.