Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PR] Ties ghostdrone ocean movement on Manta to the magnetic tether
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[input wanted]
About the PR
This PR lets ghostdrones ignore Manta's currents if the magnetic tether is active, as they currently can't get on board if the ship is moving. (I think there might be some movement trick that lets you fight the current but it might require being able to sprint and I don't think that kind of stuff should be your only recourse regardless.)

Why's this needed?
Putting the ghostdrone factory behind the Manta with no way for drones to get on board is cruel.
Also the tether doesn't really factor into gameplay at the moment - I can't remember the last time that crew used a jetpack for EVA stuff on Manta. This gives it a bit more purpose.

Changelog

Code:
(u)BatElite:
(+)Ghostdrones now ignore Manta's water currents so long as the magnetic tether is functional.

Wanted Input
Is it cruel to still strand the drones on the factory if the tether is down? Making them ignore currents always isn't that difficult to change, but I'd like the tether to have some impact on the round.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Honestly: Yes and thank you. I love being a ghost drone the most out of all the observer/afterlife options. I really enjoy being able to do productive things during the round (and sometimes less-productive, more self-centered things like making 3-player piano shrines to figurines in empty rooms).

The only way to reach Manta as a ghost drone currently is to build a pathway to it with the RCD. It is possible, it can be done in >1 charge; but it brings a whole host of other problems, like inadvertently saving people who get flung out of the ship, blocking and breaking the cargo intake/outgoing, breaking the floor tiles of the ocean, providing easier access to people who want to scheme in covert spaces, and leaving a really ugly and unremovable mess.

I'm still thinking on whether it should only be while tethered/versus all the time. I'm just happy there's a little more opportunity to make it aboard now!
Merged now, pretty much exactly as originally described, so I'm moving this to Good ideas! subforum. If you think maybe ghostdrone should be able to swim through the currents regardless of the tether's status, you're welcome to make a thread about it making a case for it being in the game.