Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thoughts about moving Alternate Jumpsuits to Job Rewards?
I think adding the alt jumpsuits would make for a pretty easy implementation and would give some more 'respect' to the items since you'll have to earn them. However, Id imagine alot of people are already pretty used to them being something you can just buy and not every job has a way to earn XP yet.

Any thoughts?
I like it. I think job specific things should be job rewards and generic things should be spacebux.
We need more job rewards. +1
Sounds alright to me. I'd also be interested if the alt job clothes that aren't jumpsuits was also moved to job rewards, like the blue doctor labcoat or the purple engineering space suit.
Well the alternate jumpsuit stuff is more than just jumpsuits, sometimes it includes labcoats and more, but also I already have to click "Claim reward" like twice every round just to get a satchel, needing to click through 3 menus to claim job rewards for all my clothing just seems like a hassle.

I guess that's more a complaint of the interface than anything else.
Admittedly, turning the "claim rewards" section into a toggle like the map votes would be handy.
I don't tend to like anything that takes away something we already have to gate it to certain players. My preference, personally, would always be to add something new if we're going alternates
(10-10-2020, 09:39 PM)vampirate Wrote: I don't tend to like anything that takes away something we already have to gate it to certain players.  My preference, personally, would always be to add something new if we're going alternates

I don't think we have to gate anything. Just set them all up as zero XP job rewards to get the ball rolling until we think of ways to earn XP, and add new rewards for hitting those tiers then.
That is basically what I want to do and am trying to do. I've got some new Janitor job rewards ready to be implemented and Ive got some ways to earn Job XP for Chaplain and Bartender that I want to add.
So... is the point of setting them up as zero xp job rewards just to reduce clutter? Cause yeah that's not a bad idea.
I'd be on board with this
(10-11-2020, 09:18 AM)vampirate Wrote: So... is the point of setting them up as zero xp job rewards just to reduce clutter?  Cause yeah that's not a bad idea.

Yeah I think it makes a good deal of sense when it's related to changing your job clothes to put them under that category, and it also fills out that feature
(10-11-2020, 09:39 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 09:18 AM)vampirate Wrote: So... is the point of setting them up as zero xp job rewards just to reduce clutter?  Cause yeah that's not a bad idea.

Yeah I think it makes a good deal of sense when it's related to changing your job clothes to put them under that category, and it also fills out that feature

Also changing jump suits is annoying cause everything falls out in your pockets and all that and so that would be a nice quality of life bump too
(10-11-2020, 04:38 PM)vampirate Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 09:39 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

Also changing jump suits is annoying cause everything falls out in your pockets and all that and so that would be a nice quality of life bump too
use the quick equip key (V on goon controls) to change jumpsuits without dropping stuff
(10-11-2020, 04:48 PM)subjectparfait Wrote: use the quick equip key (V on goon controls) to change jumpsuits without dropping stuff

You are a savior, I have LUSTED for such knowledge for many moons and have now grown in power by many times.