Poll: Do you think this should be added to the game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes, cults are cool
57.14%
4 57.14%
no, i hate cults
14.29%
1 14.29%
I didnt read it because i want to figure out/find rituals without even slight spoilers
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idea for a cultist antag
So first of all it will be heavily linked to currently kind of secret ritual mechanic, I will not be explaing how to get the stuff currently so hopefully im not breaking any of the rules on secrets. (admins if this does break said rules on secrets please let me know)
if you do not want any spoilers on the quasi secret ritual mechanic PLEASE LEAVE
(also all my knowledge of rituals comes from the paper gotten from SECRET because i have bad luck and ran out of SECRET for the SECRET before i could get the chalk, so i may make some mistakes in describing the ritual mechanic)

okay so my idea for the cultist cultist is a strange mix of spy thief, gang/rev, and vampire (lets hope its better than the sum of its parts)

I suppose i should order this in the same-ish order stuff might comes up in a round

So first a round with a cult begins with one person being chosen as the cult leader. The cult leader starts with ritual stuff in their backpack in a box (aside from the chalk), a trait that makes all rituals near them gain plus 2 strength and power that doesn't stack with the chaplains +2 to rituals (or maybe just give them chaplain training if they're a non-chaplain), and a code in their notes (perhaps instead of being some military number jargon it could be some Latin jargon for the code) and if inserted into the messenger in their PDA opens up a menu the cult creation menu

cult creation menu
-chose a name for your cult (purely for RP, can be left blank for a generic one)
-choose the name of what your cult worships (also purely for RP, can be left blank for a generic one)
-choose the Domain of what your cult worships, the domains are based on the symbols from the chalk (doesn't include all glyphs) and when a cultist is wearing their uniform and is near a ritual that includes that symbol the ritual gains plus 1 strength and power (doesn't stack with more cultists but does stack with cult leaders buff and the cult leader does count as a cultist for this effect)
-choose the cults uniform, the only important choice choice is whether they're a uniform slot or a suit slot item the rest is cosmetic, the uniform is as stated above necessary for the ritual buff and also gives a reasonable amount of defense and resistances
-choose if the uniform is painted and if so what color
when that is completed the uniform is dropped on the floor under the cult leader, they get a piece of ritual chalk, and what appears when they insert the code changes

New ritual chalk option for cultists, indoctronitus (Placeholder name), if a person is standing or lying on the glyph when the ritual is activated they either
A. become a cult member and are basically mindslaved if on regular goonstation
B. get the choice to join the cult and if they accept they still maintain free will but now get cult benefits, if on RP (because cult civil wars and infiltrators are fun RP moments)
regardless of server they get a pop up that says they're now a cult member, the name of the cult and the god the cult worships and the PDA code for the cult 

PDA messenger post cult maker
if the code is inserted into the messenger as a cultist they see
[Cult name]
Worshippers of [god name] master of [domain]
commandments of cult (rules they cultists have to follow, starts with a few random ones and on RP always has a you shall not kill one)
notes from leader
Messenger to other cultists (button that can open up to show the cultist exclusive messenger) 
list of allowed sacrificed (also a button to open it, will explain a bit later, probably based on spy thief one)
for the cult leader it is slightly different: first of all they can edit the commandments and notes, and secondly they can click to open a menu to buy items with sacrifice points (where the cult leader buys the ritual stuff and also spare uniforms and other nick nacks)

Sacrifice points
these things the cult leader needs to buy their chalk and stuff must come from somewhere and it does, you have to sacrifice items that are in the list i mentioned earlier, either through the sacrifice glyph in a ritual (no it wont give ritual power), (if your out of chalk) through the leaders PDA or a special altar the leader can make for free but only one can exist at a time that works like the eldritch alter in the chapel on spooktober, except that it doesn't SECRET when given SECRET. and just gives points when given items from the list and when items that aren't on the list turns them into soul stone if they give ritual power (those things that hold ritual power)

Staves
Now rituals are fine and all but they aren't exactly great for offence, this is where staves come in (which are gotten from the cult leaders buy item menu), when placed on an anchor glyph will store the ritual inside it when the ritual is cast instead of normally activating the ritual and then will effect what the stave does. for example if the ritual has the sacrifice glyph, soul stone glyph, summon glyph and bee modifier glyph, it will make the stave that it is turned into summon bees on the tile clicked or on a person that used it if clicked itself (comes from bee and summon glyph). it also be clicked on with an item to turn the item into ritual power stored within the staff (sacrifice glyph) while only using the ritual power necessary to power it (soul stone glyph, staves without it just use all power regardless of if there is more than enough) and is still effected by the cult leader and cultists bonuses (if is of one of the domains used in this stave)

Other stuff
-cult leader gets random objectives for his cult to complete (if on RP these are more likely to be the untrackable ones and less likely to include numbers ones)
-cultists might get some unique glyphs that non cultists cant place
-There could be stuff so that multiple cults are possible (but not have multiple cults default because i don't want this to be gang but magic, multiple cults should be relegated to admin shenanigans)
-I have good hopes most of this is programmable (except for staves probably)
-I want you to tell me your thoughts about this
-if this is similar to an existing suggestion I'm sorry