Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
2 Ideas: VR space station simulation | AR technology
First Idea:
So the idea is that you will simulate an entire or a smaller version of a space station in VR with npcs with monkey AI. Before you enter the simulated space station you can pick an antag kit, or a job, just like in the arena. After you pick the kit you enter a portal which takes you to the simulated station's arrivals shuttle, and do whatever. The simulated station will be always the same every round, and other people in VR will join the same simulated station. The station will not reset (or maybe it will with a voting system).
Second Idea:
People from VR can be simulated in the real world with an AR like system. Maybe in a limited space. They can't interact with the people, but they can talk to them. If they're a ghost and they got killed by someone, they can't tell anyone from the real world who it was, or even mention it. They can help locate the body and clone it though.
First Idea : What would be the purpose of something like this? You can already test out antagonist abilities and items in the Murder Box.

Second Idea : Ghost drones functional pretty similarly to this however they're intentionally made, and told in the rules, to not be used for meta reasons. The ouija board and chair spinning are already good ways for communicating from the grave
Well on the first idea I think its more fun to bomb a station than not to be able to do any damage in the arena. A lot of people want antag because they want chaos. They want to make big giant holes in the station, but rules prevent doing it. I think it would be like a second game, but with more sandbox to it, and also there would be more possibilities to learn how to do something new in a simulated station than a grey box. You can't fully test out antags in the arena anyways. A lot of things dont work there, like plants.

On the second idea I think that ghost drones and chair spinning is not enough. Its a really far-away form of communication, it would be more fun to actually talk to someone.
As far as I am aware, making massive holes in the station as an antagonist is only a bad rule thing on the RP servers. On the main servers you're allowed to do anything that isn't shouting slurs, crashing the server on purpose, and going into specific antag only areas.

You're not really supposed to be able to talk to living players when you're dead. This makes it really easy for dead players to rat out antagonists that killed them and to get people to clone or borg you or strategize with information they shouldn't have. Being dead is more than a minor inconvenience, and making it suck less is just not good for the game.

The reason for the Ouija board and the chair is cause it's, ya know, an Ouija board, and not a lot of people pay much attention to turning chairs. Let alone that said chairs can be used to lead players to danger.
I mean yeah you are totally capable of leading people to your body simply with chairs, ive done it, they just have to be willing to pick up the chair and place it back down every so often, I do however like the idea of having a VR station, where people could learn to job and the like, but i think we should leave antag status out of that and just to the murder box
Well I mean for example blob as an antag is complex but isnt in the vr arena box thing. Maybe it could be in the simulated station.