Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tranq / Mutadone ammo in hacked Medical Fab
(10-08-2020, 08:26 AM)aft2001 Wrote: The haloperidol gun should be able to switch to mutadone because holy fuck gene nerds are impossible to deal with otherwise.

Thread title. I felt like this warranted a separate thread, as while mutadone mode for a sec gun is a good idea, it would actually be better I feel if other players had access to this in general. The only access to mutadone darts (on the station) is either in the Med Dir's locker or in the Armory.

Hacked General Fabricators make bullets. Hacked Medical Fabricators could do the same, only with Tranq / Mutadone. It could require some unusual mats for balance purposes, I'm thinking Viscerite due to its biological nature. 

This way, the crewmembers can load it up into shotguns or zipguns and make johnny hulk-arms weep.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, the MD only gets one clip of knockout, one clip of mutadone, and when your gene nerd is running at mock 10 with hulk and space protection, it is gonna be reaaaaaaal hard to hit them with the 4 mutadone bullets you have

Also, the tranq rifle can hold a shitton of bullets, 5 clips aint enough to fill it, use this for good or bad

Also uh, how do you expect to load a .307mm round into a 12 gauge shotgun?
"This way, the crewmembers can load it up into shotguns or zipguns and make johnny hulk-arms weep."
(10-09-2020, 05:16 AM)Boxta Wrote: Also uh, how do you expect to load a .307mm round into a 12 gauge shotgun?

My sleep deprived brain is what this expectation is based off. Amended.
Mutadone hypospray also works well on genetics nerds though you have to get close
NT syringe gun takes everything that's hypospray whitelisted. Don't need to be close.
Maybe add an NT syringe gun to the armory with a couple bottles of mutadone?
Having bottles of the stuff would already invalidate the rifle because of the syringe gun. One can of fuel comes out as 2700u of Mutadone. Chemists have chemdispensers, as do medbay, and the bar. Botany can already grow Venne AND has mutadone in bottles anyway. Hypos and patches also exist.

I really like the idea that it's the Sec + MDir responsibility to take down genenerds. MDir already has low responsibility as it is and I personally wouldn't want to take more away from the role. They should already be keeping an eye on the geneticists to see how they're getting gened up. What about giving bigger/more clips to the MDir? How common is the issue of gened up traitors running aroung? Cause of the many new players, it'd also be a reasonable idea to let them figure out solutions to problems rather than making it easier for them. I think Sec should be given more tools to fight geneticists.

Although maybe letting the crew have hacked access to darts for zipguns isn't that much of an overkill? Zipguns are single shot right?