Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heiraphont, LLJK2, 8/19/13 Before 11 PM (Eastern time)
Admin name: Heiraphont
Server: LLJK2
Date/Time: 8/19/13 Before 11 PM (Eastern time)

Synopsis: I was temp-banned for a 24 hour period for "Slurs" without a second to defend myself for calling one crew member, "Nigga," as the AI in a joking fashion as I would not allow the geneticist access into customs for obvious security reasons, and somebody had added a free-form law, stating something along the lines that "You are a young inner-city street kid who disrespects his elders and plays B ball in the streets."

Heiraphont warned me that "I had plenty of time to look over the rules" before placing this ban on me (See extra info below). I assume he was referring to rule #3 which states no racism, among other things. I didn't mean this as any sort of racial slur and was merely performing as the laws decreed. I understand it was my choice to do so in such a way, and I'd only be happy to accept the ban if I'm really believed to be some sort of bigot for using slang that most don't find derogatory in any respect.

The only thing is, I feel that all of the facts weren't considered in my instance is all, and I'm particularly upset about such a silly law coaxing me into a situation that got me so quickly judged and banned with little more reasoning to it than simply labeling it as "Slurs".

Extra information: This isn't the first time I've been punished as a result of what Heiraphont judged as indecent, or unacceptable behavior. Several days before this incident, he had banned me from being in any leadership or security position, for killing a player as captain and not being in an antagonist role, which is understandable considering the rules which he suggested I read at this point.

But, I defend that I was only attempting to keep order and safety on the station, and remove a player who came off to me as idiotic and incredibly annoying anyway; I apologize if that isn't the captain's role in the game, and I realize that my efforts may have been cruel at worst.

I can understand preventing rule-breaking by dedicated modding, and I realize that the punishment could have been much more severe, but it still came off as a bit harsh in my opinion, especially barring me from all leadership positions indefinitely for one little mishap that gets me regarded as harmful when my intent was to help.
I seem to be getting a lot of complaints that I think could be considered silly lately. But alright, I'll keep my side short and sweet.

I banned you for a day for calling a guy 'nigga', as you said. Since I've already jobbanned you for gibbing people as Captain for growing weed (your excuse was that you were upholding the law) I would have assumed you'd take a few minutes to really give the rules a read over. You did not, so I banned you. For a day. For one of the worst things you can do on the server.

I realize that the total sum of your three notes all being written by me must mean I have something against you. I really don't, you just won't stop being awful.
It has nothing to do with Heiraphont's judgement. Your behavior is unacceptable. Take the hints.

You can appeal the jobban after a period of demonstrating that you can play the game within the rules. It is not indefinite. I'd also be interested to hear how gibbing people was "trying to help".

edit: P.S. it's not like you can get in more trouble for making an admin complaint, it doesn't work that way. This is just a pretty cut and dry case of you breaking some rules and getting punished. It's kind of silly for you to complain about a harsh punishment for that time you didn't really bother to read the rules and killed a guy.

People who do stuff like that get banned because it keeps the game fun.
Quote:it's not like you can get in more trouble for making an admin complaint, it doesn't work that way.

Absolutely this. For that matter, I don't take it personally. I won't weigh this thread in your jobban appeal when that happens. I truly believe the players should have the right to complain when an admin is being terrible, and I have no problem standing up to the scrutiny of my peers when I'm complained about.

But here's what I will do, just so you're aware: In the month or so when you appeal, I'll take a look at your player notes. If you've been cool, and haven't been breaking the rules, I'll give you another shot. It's that simple. We have a TON of players who have a lot of fun and still follow the rules. There's no reason you can't do the same.