Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Pod shotgun uses ammo
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE]

About the PR
The pod shotgun ammo system has unlimited ammo. This adjusts it to 18.
The other projectile weapon, the 40mm, has 14 shots.

Why's this needed?
On a syndicate minisub this lets you cruise corridors with a SPES 12 (same projectile) with unlimited ammo.
Pods aren't invincible but it can kill a ton of unarmored and melee weapon equipped crew.
As far as I know the 40mm is armory only but the shotgun is available at the start.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Just use a taser against the pod though. One taser shot stops a pod for what 30 seconds?
Yeah but random Assistants don't have tasers, if Sec isn't there yet/empty then everyone is kinda screwed
(10-08-2020, 03:50 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Just use a taser against the pod though. One taser shot stops a pod for what 30 seconds?

Tasers haven't stopped pods for over a year at this point.  They just damage them.
(10-08-2020, 07:51 PM)Mouse Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 03:50 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: Just use a taser against the pod though. One taser shot stops a pod for what 30 seconds?

Tasers haven't stopped pods for over a year at this point.  They just damage them.

Yeah I found this out the hard way trying to stop pods on Oshan
Wow really? Jeez. No wonder they can fuck up everyone then.
Absolutely this is a step in the right direction in my eyes. Currently tasers are an absolute hassle to get as non-sec and suck against any lethal capacity sub or pod, so it doesn't really make much sense to me to punish the crew in this regard when there is a lack of security and the difficulty to get a hold of a taser is so high. Sadly tasers are also probably better than the 40mm pod seekers, which were kind of added to directly counter subs and pods.
You know, maybe the ammo should remain unlimited, but there's a 4-8 shot capacity before a lengthy reloading process.
I like Frank Stein's suggestion. Either that or changing the shotgun buckshot to a new one that does less knockback. To me, the pod shotgun used to be good damage with unlimited ammo balanced by the general clunkiness of pod/sub aiming, but after buckshot got buffed to cause knockback/stun at greater ranges, it tipped over to overpowered and now it's a problem. So possible solutions are to reduce that knockback or decrease fire rate, so there's less possibility of getting hit by these shots.

(Alternatively, one could lock it behind the vendor, perhaps as a part of a "Tanker" loadout. But I'd rather have some additions to pod combat first, like tasers disabling systems, systems needing a fair bit of time to come online rather than coming on instantly, energy bullets doing increased damage against pods, kinetic bullets being able to destroy a cockpit window and cause the driver to suffer effects as well as their pod.)