Poll: should mime be selectable through job preferences?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!! i love mimes and more jobs are good!
64.00%
16 64.00%
i hate mimes!! >frown and we dont need more jobs
8.00%
2 8.00%
*silence*
28.00%
7 28.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Do you think mime should be a regular job instead of a latejoin?
(10-09-2020, 01:33 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: So I know for certain around the beginning of this year one dev (i.e. don't take this to be the plans of the the coder team, besides they generally act alone anyways) planned to make job into a regular job like Clown, instead of this weird "semi-regular job" thing where they're always available for latejoin and have an extra slot on Mondays as a Job of the Day. (Presumably, the Monday Job of the Day would be something else.)

Dunno what came of it. I'd place my bets on just being busy with other projects, rather than running into an issue implementing or deciding against the idea. That tends to happen with personal projects.

As for where the mime would spawn, the person I mentioned never specified, but I do think that since the chapel often has mime clothes, the chapel would make the most sense. (In the future, when someone puts forth the effort, there can be dedicated areas for the mime, in same way clown does.)
i made a pr pretty recently that did a similar thing! however my code is kinda poopy (all i did was change the job from a "special" to a "civilian" job in the datums there will still be an extra mime on mondays however

(10-09-2020, 07:24 AM)subjectparfait Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 01:33 AM)Studenterhue Wrote: So I know for certain around the beginning of this year one dev (i.e. don't take this to be the plans of the the coder team, besides they generally act alone anyways) planned to make job into a regular job like Clown, instead of this weird "semi-regular job" thing where they're always available for latejoin and have an extra slot on Mondays as a Job of the Day. (Presumably, the Monday Job of the Day would be something else.)

Dunno what came of it. I'd place my bets on just being busy with other projects, rather than running into an issue implementing or deciding against the idea. That tends to happen with personal projects.

As for where the mime would spawn, the person I mentioned never specified, but I do think that since the chapel often has mime clothes, the chapel would make the most sense. (In the future, when someone puts forth the effort, there can be dedicated areas for the mime, in same way clown does.)
i made a pr pretty recently that did a similar thing! however my code is kinda poopy (all i did was change the job from a "special" to a "civilian" job in the datums there will still be an extra mime on mondays however

i have no idea what happened here im guessing it was my poopy internet

Oh god stop quoting it's gonna explode
i wish i could delete posts jesus *scream far too many quotes
(10-09-2020, 07:30 AM)Sundance Wrote:

yea i agree this is getting out of hand
(10-09-2020, 08:24 AM)aft2001 Wrote:

(10-09-2020, 07:24 AM)subjectparfait Wrote: i made a pr pretty recently that did a similar thing! however my code is kinda poopy (all i did was change the job from a "special" to a "civilian" job in the datums there will still be an extra mime on mondays however

I have to agree as well, this is indeed out of hand, stop
sorry this is the first forum ive ever used i had no idea how to format posts to stop that from happening
It's probably a bigger project in general but i'm going to go ahead far enough to say that Mimes should also have a hole or something on each map. Just a little mime room.
(10-09-2020, 08:40 AM)Comrade f191 Wrote:

(10-09-2020, 07:24 AM)subjectparfait Wrote: i made a pr pretty recently that did a similar thing! however my code is kinda poopy (all i did was change the job from a "special" to a "civilian" job in the datums there will still be an extra mime on mondays however

THE QUOTING MACHINE IS GOING FULL CAPACITY CAPTAIN!  IT'S GONNA BLOW!!!
mime time for mime slime
(10-09-2020, 12:46 PM)Technature Wrote:

Ker-byewm!

(10-09-2020, 12:46 PM)pid=\154659 Wrote:Technature

We should really see if we can auto spoiler these
They should 100% spawn in a quiet/mysterious place - maybe a locker in maintenance? I do like the idea of mail order, but the issue is that sometimes that can be blocked and/or just not be open, since the QM has to get the belts moving for it to work
I'm not a fan of the poll. I think the mime should be a regular job but in general I don't think more jobs is good. I like the idea of the Mime v. Clown dynamic. What if the Mime spawned in a room next to the Clown but the shared wall was a table with some limited goodies? That way they could start the round with that hint of rivalry when one takes something the other wanted.
(10-09-2020, 07:11 PM)aft20 01 Wrote: They should 100% spawn in a quiet/mysterious place - maybe a locker in maintenance? I do like the idea of mail order, but the issue is that sometimes that can be blocked and/or just not be open, since the QM has to get the belts moving for it to work

random locker in maints would be fun how would i code that?
"This crate is merely the creation of a very skilled pantomime"

And have it disappear on opening.