Poll: should mime be selectable through job preferences?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!! i love mimes and more jobs are good!
64.00%
16 64.00%
i hate mimes!! >frown and we dont need more jobs
8.00%
2 8.00%
*silence*
28.00%
7 28.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Do you think mime should be a regular job instead of a latejoin?
mime is good
Absolutely. I desire to make my favorite job Mime so Silencio Marceau can live out his silent life on a regular basis
I don't mind mime being roundstart and I don't think we have too many jobs.
I just wanted to mention that I *do* hate mimes, even if I didn't vote for the no option.
Mimes are always untrustworthy criminals, at least with clowns you sometimes get the heroic ones.
Mimes are just always shifty fellows.
Fuck mimes.

+1
*silence in french*

+1
(10-08-2020, 11:03 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: I don't mind mime being roundstart and I don't think we have too many jobs.
I just wanted to mention that I *do* hate mimes, even if I didn't vote for the no option.
Mimes are always untrustworthy criminals, at least with clowns you sometimes get the heroic ones.
Mimes are just always shifty fellows.
Fuck mimes.

+1

the mime is naught but a mirror, showing a reflection of the general behavior of its crew mates.
spɹoM ǝɥ┴ uɹɐǝ˥
(10-08-2020, 01:52 PM)Erev Wrote: spɹoM ǝɥ┴ uɹɐǝ˥

why use words when emotes exist
I hate mimes.

Add this so I can punch more of them
my only thing is that i dont rly like mimes being super frequent because then you just get annoying jerk mimes that kinda ruin it for everyone.
(10-08-2020, 02:23 PM)subjectparfait Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 01:52 PM)Erev Wrote: spɹoM ǝɥ┴ uɹɐǝ˥

why use words when emotes exist

That's it. To the scorpion pit with you!

(I couldn't help the Pratchett reference when we have a topic judging the worthiness of mimes.)
The idea of mime ling being a more frequent thing terrifies me so I like it

Question is, where mimes are intended to spawn roundstart? They don't have their own room, unless you want them to spawn in the clown hole. That'd work I suppose
I'm down with Mime Time. You could have them spawn in the clown hole, or the bar area similar to another server.

(10-08-2020, 09:38 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: my only thing is that i dont rly like mimes being super frequent because then you just get annoying jerk mimes that kinda ruin it for everyone.

I dunno. I've only ever seen this problem once, and what's stopping a clown from being an annoying jerk as well?

+1 from me.
So I know for certain around the beginning of this year one dev (i.e. don't take this to be the plans of the the coder team, besides they generally act alone anyways) planned to make job into a regular job like Clown, instead of this weird "semi-regular job" thing where they're always available for latejoin and have an extra slot on Mondays as a Job of the Day. (Presumably, the Monday Job of the Day would be something else.)

Dunno what came of it. I'd place my bets on just being busy with other projects, rather than running into an issue implementing or deciding against the idea. That tends to happen with personal projects.

As for where the mime would spawn, the person I mentioned never specified, but I do think that since the chapel often has mime clothes, the chapel would make the most sense. (In the future, when someone puts forth the effort, there can be dedicated areas for the mime, in same way clown does.)
We don't have a library, because that's where I would say they should spawn, so chapel seems like the next best thing
If we can't pick a spot for where the mime should spawn (I feel chapel is chaplain only imo) then the obvious solution would be that they should always be mail order, arriving in a special mime crate (which has no name) with pens and paper inside.

Reading the crate will give you a description as

"..."