Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We should uhhhh... talk about Rathen's secret
(10-08-2020, 08:38 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: First off, Fuck friendly wizards.
Second off, Even if some wizards are able to depopulate a server with the correct setup thats the same with all antags. There will always be robust people who know all the ins and outs of certain antag shit. That's just how some people are. Don't punish everyone for the select few that are robust.

Agreed on the first point, at least.

Second point - no? That's a whole lotta words for the "git gud" argument, which is at best obfuscating the core issue with balance. This is absolutely nothing to do with robustness; that's the point. 

Bounce it back you: Id like to see more spells chosen over the current meta and as a result I'd like some power taken off these core spells and other spells buffed so we have more diverse wizard load out. Does this not seem like a sound idea?

"wEll THatS TheIR SeT uP" is not a good argument because each spell is worth exactly the same. Fireball is worth one point. So is the "situational" (i.e useless) Bulls Rush. 
We could go the traitor route and make some spells worth more than one point, but that would be boring. 

I don't think it's fair that a wizard can steamroll a crew because he chose a particular set up. I also don't think it's fair that a wizard would get absolutely trashed because he decided to be different and pick something else. This is the absolute definition of unbalance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We should uhhhh... talk about Rathen's secret - by Sundance - 10-08-2020, 09:17 AM