Mentor Application - Jan.antilles
Usual Character Names: Fleur DeLaCreme, Florence
BYOND username: Jan.antilles
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Jan.antilles#7395
Recommended by (if applicable): Kamades, Nexusuxen/Aft2001, Ley/Leeanei, Makkipakki
Goon servers you play: RP Overflow primarily, but also RP Main

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
It’s been a little over 3 months now since I started playing Space Station 13. What attracted me to the game in general was the RP, and what attracted me to Goonstation in particular was the wiki. I knew I wanted to dive in, but wanted a helping hand. Between the wiki, the discord, and the awesomely helpful community of mentors, admins, and players that Goonstation has, I was pulled right in and haven’t looked back.

I’m very familiar with most of the player roles, from Janitor to Captain and almost everything in between. I haven’t put as much time into silicon roles, but I’m confident as a borg, especially in Medbay. When I’m an antagonist, I try to dial in my level of aggression to what the round needs, and keep open dialogue with people both in-character and (if necessary) LOOC to make sure that I’m not the only one having fun.

As a mentor, I would place a high priority on both making new players feel welcome and helping anyone who needs it. Space Station 13 is as deep a game as you want it to be, especially on an RP server, and I know firsthand how intimidating it can be when you’re trying to learn something new. Specifically, I want to place special emphasis on helping people who are learning to RP in Space Station 13. I have never played on the LRP/Main servers on Goonstation because RP is such a priority for me, and I love to gently encourage people to RP more in game by engaging them and forming a shared story. Even if that story is as simple as waving and calling “Ave a zafe shift, and don’t vorget to get a clone zcan!” to a miner heading into the trench, it is part of making the friendly and welcoming atmosphere of Goon RP what it is.

Thank you for reading and for playing with me, and I will see you all in Discord, and most importantly in game! <3

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

Messages In This Thread
Mentor Application - Jan.antilles - by jan.antilles - 10-07-2020, 01:44 PM
RE: Mentor Application - Jan.antilles - by Varali - 10-07-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: Mentor Application - Jan.antilles - by Caro - 10-08-2020, 11:44 AM