Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
revert Changeling sting change on RP
A while ago the Changeling sting on RP was changed to use Capulettium instead of Neurotoxin. While this was nice at first, since it was nonlethal and caused the target to appear to "die", which could lead to some interesting RP scenarios, it unfortunately seems to bring about more issues than positive changes.

Turns out, Capulettium stuns for much longer, in shorter time, and is much less noticeable before the stun hits, making escape from a changeling sting even more difficult. Essentially, there's no getting out of it unless you reagent scan yourself every second to notice it in time, which isn't really something most people on RP would do. It also has a nasty habit of stunning people for much longer than it should, with some people claiming it knocked them out for 20 minutes to a whole hour, which can potentially leave you having a worse experience if you get stung and the absorption somehow doesn't go through, and then Capulettium bugs the fuck out and decides the "fake death" part should be less fake. Overall it feels much too brutal and inconsistent compared to the Neuro sting, especially on RP. Neuro at least has the decency to kill you if you get stunned with it longer than you should be.
The knockout effect may or may not be a bug with the effect that capulettium gives and the toggle resting status. I haven't tested it and I know it sounds dumb however I do recall having some similar issues which seemed to be resolved by "standing up"
Yeah it might just give you the effect of looking dead till you press REST button and stand up.
I've seen several instances where being "knocked out" won't end if you are currently "resting"
(10-06-2020, 01:23 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I've seen several instances where being "knocked out" won't end if you are currently "resting"

Yeah it's happened to me a bunch over the years.
It's because when you're "sleeping", the game checks your resting state to see if it should keep adding more "sleep counters" to you to prevent you from waking up (so that when you lie down in a bed, you'll sleep until you hit rest to stand back up, which stops the game from adding more "sleep counters", so you'll stop sleeping after a minute or so). Could probably remove the part of capulettium that forces resting (since the KO will put you on the floor anyways) to get rid of the 'noob trap' (so to speak) of needing to hit the stand/rest button after getting stung or you'll literally never wake up.
the glitch is really bad but I think the main thrust of Mop's post was that capu is way more effective than neurotox and it's made RP lings more killy, not less.
replace the sting with beff
Cap sting lasting longer than neuro is pure bug; I timed both of them and tried to choose a dose of capulettium with approximately the same duration.

Haven't played enough RP lately to have specific feedback on the other aspects of the sting.
Going off the wiki, Capulettium also knocks out faster than neurotoxin (11 cycles vs 18), and even with neurotoxin's delayed effects this also gives slightly less time to react (neuro has 13 cycles between symptoms appearing and knockout, cap has 11)
Perhaps a modified capulettium could be used instead to mitigate some of the issues presented in this thread?
(10-08-2020, 11:47 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Perhaps a modified capulettium could be used instead to mitigate some of the issues presented in this thread?

We can call it Capulettium minus
(10-08-2020, 01:10 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 11:47 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Perhaps a modified capulettium could be used instead to mitigate some of the issues presented in this thread?

We can call it Capulettium minus

Just add a new "changeling venom" chem than works exactly like neurotoxin except without the toxin or brain damage and make it only obtainable from changeling stings.