Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headspider leaps on husks
I witnessed two successive headspiders leap on husks within their vicinity, neglecting healthy recepients. And distance is not a factor here, as one human was alvie at point-blank range.

If I'm not mistaken headspider leaping on dead body is a certain waste of headspider, and should not ever happen.
Just the other night I saw a headspider leap back into the dead abomination it came out of...belly laughs all around.
I can confirm that the headspider is being thoroughly shit and tries to eat dead bodies.

Also it's relatively useless, as it takes long enough for the recipient to find the nearest object that will murder him and jump into it; so unless you're lucky enough to have it jump on a braindead person it's really nothing.
What about making the headspider a playable thing? When a changeling dies, they get put into the body of the headspider and has a "headleap" ability in their changeling tab or something along those lines.
It would be kind of cool if the headspider could just take control of dead non-rotting non-husk bodies anyway.

also, does the headspider still give you a really obvious message when it crawls down your throat? because it shouldn't in my opinion
MyBlueCorners Wrote:also, does the headspider still give you a really obvious message when it crawls down your throat? because it shouldn't in my opinion

Last time I checked it does. It also alerts everyone around you too. THE HEADSPIDER LEAPS DOWN CAPTAIN PYJAMAS THROAT!

What would be far better if the headspider doesn't notify you or anyone around you. A few minutes later, does should the signs kick in, like vomiting blood and stomach pains, which would send of panic signals to those around you. A few minutes after that, then you will turn.

Quote:it would be kind of cool if the headspider could just take control of dead non-rotting non-husk bodies anyway.

That'd be pretty cool, and if theres no message like suggested, it would be pretty beneficial too.
Sundance Wrote:
MyBlueCorners Wrote:also, does the headspider still give you a really obvious message when it crawls down your throat? because it shouldn't in my opinion

Last time I checked it does. It also alerts everyone around you too. THE HEADSPIDER LEAPS DOWN CAPTAIN PYJAMAS THROAT!

What would be far better if the headspider doesn't notify you or anyone around you. A few minutes later, does should the signs kick in, like vomiting blood and stomach pains, which would send of panic signals to those around you. A few minutes after that, then you will turn.

Quote:it would be kind of cool if the headspider could just take control of dead non-rotting non-husk bodies anyway.

That'd be pretty cool, and if theres no message like suggested, it would be pretty beneficial too.
Everyone could still tell though because the headspider would run up to someone and then vanish. I've suggested this before but the headspider should be done away with and replaced with just an infection thing that invisibly infects anyone within a few spaces of the dead ling.
I haven't seen a successful headspider in ever. The headspider-ee always gets killed or taken to medbay and it's dug out.
I've had it work. I doubt it's supposed to work often because changeling is already pretty powerful.
Tbh, I'd much rather the ling spit to be nerfed if it means that the changling headspider/virus would be buffed treble fold. Mainly because you'd have higher chances of paranoia "the thing" moments where someone in the room is a ling/becoming a ling and nobody knows. But this is encroaching on suggestion territory, so i'mma going to stop talking.
boom welcome to the suggestion forum
WHAT IF there was a 10 or 20% chance that someone who is headspidered becomes a changeling but remains in control of their original player

maybe people wouldn't be in such a hurry to gib themselves or get themselves cut open if that happened.............
Even if they did away with the headspider message, the 30 second KO the headspider does is also very obvious. Also, the headspider runs at very high speed, you barely even notice it unless it gets stuck on an object, so in my opinion, removing the signs would be great - if it suddenly vanishes, you'd have no way of telling which pubbie it ate.
mozi Wrote:WHAT IF there was a 10 or 20% chance that someone who is headspidered becomes a changeling but remains in control of their original player

maybe people wouldn't be in such a hurry to gib themselves or get themselves cut open if that happened.............
Only if they continued on with the objectives of the original changeling, with the same progress. That way you won't get lots of whining later on because "MY HEADSPIRDER GAVE HIM CHANEGLING POWERS I WANT IT BACK!"