Pestilancer mentor application.
Usual character name: Kayden Hunt
BYOND username: JDmudkip
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Pestilancer
Goon servers you play: Primarily lrp overflow but I'm considering trying out the RP servers.

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): 
I enjoy playing this game quite a bit and I do quite like to help people out. Being a mentor seems like a good way for me to learn more things about this wacky space man game as well as having an easier way to help people out other than just occasionally stumbling upon someone that needs assistance. I'm sure I can handle the ability to help direct people in the right way as well as not use information gained from mentorhelps to my own advantage. This'll also give me something to do while I'm just floating around as a ghostly boy! I've been mainly playing since a bit before the start of the nightshade servers but I've played on goon off and on since about late 2019. 
Game experience
Science: I'm not too familiar with toxins but I know how to do chemistry pretty well. I haven't figured out too many secret chems but I do have a couple under my belt. I know how to quickly and efficiently do telesci and artlab and I've completed every adventure zone except for ice moon. I'd be willing to learn toxins and possibly the chemicompiler but I have not really had to motivation to do so as of late. 

Medical: I'm pretty decent at medical. I can treat people quickly and efficiently and I know how to work everything I'm just not to familiar with how to game everything and do it mega fast. This is probably just due to lack of experience though as I don't play medical doctor too often. 

Security: I don't usually play sec but I know how to use all the tools and update everyone's records and such. I also know a good couple efficient ways to arrest people as well as have some of the robustness necessary. 

Civilian: I know how to do botany quickly and efficiently as well as have a good knowledge on how to clown around or prepare food and drinks as barkeep and chef respectively. 

Engineering: I barely know a thing about engineering but I'd be willing to learn if it's necessary. I'm sure I wouldn't have trouble learning it however. I know how to do a good bit of mechcomp but I've yet to learn some of the more complicated and elaborate things. 

Cargo: I know how to quickly earn the dosh and abuse traders. With mining I've gotten good at getting things fast and quantum telescoping myself some ores. I also know how to do matsci and all the wacky things involved with that. 

Command: I do not play command often but there isn't particularly too much to know besides how to direct people, use the commaster, and make sure your department/the station is going well. I do know all of these things listed as well.

Traitor stuff: I think I make for a pretty decent traitor but I'm usually a little halted by my reluctance to kill people sometimes. Besides that though I usually just go for a fun gimmick to cause some chaos and mess around while trying my best to accomplish my objectives. 

Other general useful information: I know how to do all the good to know things like build stuff and hack doors. I don't know packeting yet but I don't feel like I really NEED to learn it as it is very strong and I'm happy with my screwdriver, multitool, and crowbar. I'd love to be a mentor and one of my pals whos a mentor on yog said I should apply for mentor on here so that's kind of egged me on. I'm eager to possibly be a part of the team.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): I don't believe I've had any bans in the past.
As a mentor from Yogs, I can vouch for Pestilancer's competency and willingness to help. He is an incredibly experienced SS13 player and the person who first introduced me to the game. He has a very calm and easygoing attitude about most things, and taught me everything I know about goon. A good player and I believe could be a good mentor. With his ingame knowledge, I can vouch for that he is incredible at doing adventure zones and artlab, and he is a very fun player as a traitor. Though he is not the most knowledgeable player ever, he is definitely very nice to players and obviously enjoys teaching people about the game mechanics. IMO, 10/10 mentor material.
Kayden is one of those players that know their stuff. I've played with them a good amount on Goon 4 and they have just been a very swell person to play with. I would rather enjoy seeing them as a purple mouse running around helping people out. i don't think I've seen them say, "Go look at a the wiki." to a new person that just wanted a little help. So it's a +1 in my book!
I started playing with Pestilancer on the Nightshade server and they have always been a joy to play with and have certainly helped me with a few questions I had. Agreeing with the comments made by UselessTheremin and Dimwhat, it's a +1 from me.
So.... just my personal opinion here, but I think you should take a step back and play sec a bit first. In terms of known sec knowledge you have a ton, and certainly you're fun to play with... but HoS really isn't a popularity contest and no one here has been able to give feed back on you as sec cause no one here has seen it. There's a lot of really fun, great players that just shouldn't be HoS. A lot falls on security, they're given a burden of conflict resolution without using lethal tools most the time. It's a high stress job that requires you to develop a whole different toolset than being robust and cool to do well.

This isn't a hard no from me, this is me saying you oughta come back after at least a month of security and apply again.

Ohshitohshit
I'm dumb I read two different apps this morning and got them mixed I'm the worst. If this is for mentor yesssss

This is what happens when I do things before I drink coffee after I actually manage to get some sleep. Kayden for sure knows their shit enough to be mentor and he's a good player as mentioned. I thought this was the other HoS app. Sorry Kayden, absolute make the man mentor.
Haha, I sat on making the recommendation for this a while, trying to think just what I wanted to say.

I'm most familiar with Kayden as QM or as a Scientist, but I only have good things to say about Pestilancer! They started out on the side servers with me and I have lots of adventure zone memories from there. I started there just doing supportive things like sending remotes as AI or getting medical supplies togther because I always thought adventuring would never be for me; I honestly don't like combat or mobs too much, but Kayden helped guide me and others through that process and it was actually super duper fun! The whole team had some great rounds where we did things like a 15-person Space Owlery exploration, sol runs, and the rest of it. I really fondly remember the Space Owlery adventure. Other than the knowledge it took to figure out how to solve all the adventure zones, I really do think there's something to be said for the way that Pestilancer worked to get as many people as possible involved in expeditions, and made it so much less daunting! That kind of attitude is really critical, and I trust the rest of the systems knowledge will come to them with ease. Their attitude and approach is, I think, what makes them a good fit for the role of mentor.

+1 from me!
We're opting to hold off on this application for the moment. Take some time to get some additional experience playing on the servers and feel free to reapply at a later date.