Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Medical borgs now have a new, hypospray like tool with regenerating medicine
(10-02-2020, 03:02 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: I kind of liked having atropine available, even if it's in lesser amounts - especially for rogue borgs. I always found borgs in an odd place when rogue - they're useless against flashes but also don't really get any neat tools otherwise - honestly a small part of me feels like rogue borgs should get special tools to them but THATS beyond the scope of this PR. I just like the potential to do bad things beyond just bolting doors. How about some haloperidol?

Apologies, slightly off topic from the maint point of the post. I would also like synaptizine but maybe that should remain more of a niche chemical they keep in beakers? These feel like the essentials anyways.

Hey, I partly agree with you on how rogue borgs should get extra tools if subverted, but I think that should be locked behind emagging. A few people made the point that atropine is a very griefy chem if abused, and I think that it's either set up a strict limiting system for those kinds of chems, or leave them out. For this PR I think it's best to leave em out, may add it in later though.

As for synaptizine, I think that would be a bit too far as a regenerating chem. I want borgs to operate with the equipment a new medical doctor might pick up on their first dozen rounds, not with the equipment a grizzled nerd might operate with. The balancing goal here is to keep borgs on par with docs, not more powerful.

Got any thoughts on this?
Rogue borgs work just fine. Be sneaky, use syringes and dump beakers. Sneak holes in the ground. They require subtlety
Played mediborg with this change for the first time, it's actually fun instead of painfully awkward now!
(10-07-2020, 08:47 PM)arcticmog Wrote: Played mediborg with this change for the first time, it's actually fun instead of painfully awkward now!

It'd be nice if the surgery tools weren't still a bit of a hassle to use though. I vote for a surgical omnitool. Just condense the things.
Surgical omnitool would be useful but then I think of rogue borgs speed debraining people with it. Would be funny though
Pretty sure switching between the modes would take way longer than just switching between scalpel and saw in your tools.
I personally prefer having surgical tools separate, so that I can rapidly switch between multiple tools. Having a hemostat in one slot, and then a scalpel and saw makes de-limbing much quickly and more painless.

Also, could there be a change to the hypospray sprite depending on which chem is selected? For example, Salbutamol would make the hypospray have blue, Epinephrine would have pink, Potassium Iodide with green, etc., just so you can see what's selected at a glance without having to inspect it.
(10-08-2020, 10:50 AM)aft2001 Wrote: I personally prefer having surgical tools separate, so that I can rapidly switch between multiple tools. Having a hemostat in one slot, and then a scalpel and saw makes de-limbing much quickly and more painless.

Also, could there be a change to the hypospray sprite depending on which chem is selected? For example, Salbutamol would make the hypospray have blue, Epinephrine would have pink, Potassium Iodide with green, etc., just so you can see what's selected at a glance without having to inspect it.

How about a Combination of the two?

Tools that have two functions that swap, like a
Saw that swaps to scapel,
Hemostat that swaps to stutures,
Eye Spoon to uh, stapler?

Or just 3 omni tools so you can set up quick loadouts
Maybe remove debraining from borgs or at least make organ removal take a few seconds for them as they're doing it slower/more precisely

(I have never touched a borg, this is me throwing shit at a wall)