Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D.
(09-30-2020, 07:58 PM)Drago156 Wrote: Seeing as this would be tied to the mining magnet that means this would be a space only boss, to which I have slight concerns about its knockback abilities, since once someone gets launched in space they don't stop until they hit something, usually being an asteroid or structure in debris wherein they take like a fuck ton of brute upon impact. Other than that it looks really cool and I'm totally behind this idea, it's time for the Y-drone n X-drone to no longer be the only bosses available.

In terms of loot and based around the event, I'm not sure what you have in mind for the syndicate forces assaulting the place, as in do you intend drones or actual critter agents? If drones you could have them drop some matsci parts for tools n such, and agents could have their micros removed so as to be looted of their gear.

As for the S.W.O.R.D itself, I think it would be interesting to maybe have an engine/PTL upgrade or something that could be slotted into the engine or PTL or maybe an SMES to allow it to produce its own energy up to an amount or increase an engine's output. Alternatively maybe it could also do something special for shield generators on the maps that have them.

For smaller scale rewards, it could drop for mining like a load of materials or maybe even a weapon? Could maybe have the engine unit of the S.W.O.R.D drop individually and allow it to be crafted into a pod engine, pod weapon, or mining tool perhaps.

EDIT: forgot to voice another concern about how this could be a very common thing seeing as most experienced miners use the QT to pull in asteroids and any miner can spam the mining magnet either to specifically pull this boss or because they simply aren't getting what they need/want.

The boss isn't entirely space-only, though. It has an anchored form after all. And I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to run up to it and bonk it melee-range.

By forces I mean drones. Feel free to recommend the amount and types of drones to include. Mind elaborating on "matsci parts"?

That sounds interesting. How would one install it? What would it even be? I don't really know how engines work. As for shield generators, that seems quite niche for such a challenge.

Please list some examples for this. The engine/core being utilizable in several ways seems like a good idea. In the case we'd go with the PTL/engine/SMES upgrade thing, perhaps the thing that upgrades it would be the SWORD's engine (a pushable tile that can be anchored/unanchored similarly to a girder) but it can also be disassembled to reveal the core that would be used for a pod engine/pod weapon/mining tool?

It wouldn't be common as the QT percentage increase would be small (I'd probably go with 0.2%) and there usually isn't anyone going on a drone rampage from what I know. Like, Pilot trait users don't have pod weapons, some of the station's pods also don't have weapons and most miners I've seen only kill drones that they can't avoid.

Messages In This Thread
[PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 09-30-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: [Future PR] Syndicate boss event. Help wanted. - by Nebulacrity - 09-30-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-10-2021, 01:52 AM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Katzen - 02-10-2021, 06:16 AM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-10-2021, 06:52 AM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-20-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 02-22-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: [PR] New Boss: S.W.O.R.D. - by Nebulacrity - 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM