Poll: Nukie good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nukies are strong
18.75%
6 18.75%
Nukies are weak
3.13%
1 3.13%
Nukies are balanced
34.38%
11 34.38%
Nukies just need some tweaks
43.75%
14 43.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Nukie balance
(09-28-2020, 08:57 AM)Sundance Wrote: Not sure how'd it work, my recommendation would be to give the rpg a 1-2 second action bar before shooting, which would disable the cloak prior to the action bar. Still strong, but avoidable.

That's not bad of an idea in general

1. Makes it harder to fire off accidentally
2. Makes it less of an instant killer since if you're close enough to see it prepping you have some amount of reaction
3. Weapon is still relevant for breeching, which should be it's main purpose anyway
Here's a few random things about Nukies that I would consider more quality of life than anything else.

1. They should spawn with proper gas masks so chem memes don't immediately destroy them.
2. They should each spawn with a single syndie-donk.

There's also concerns about guns being blatantly inferior to stun weaponry due to how long it takes for people to drop dead, especially due to ammunition concerns. The best guns you may notice are the ones that can stun, shotguns and sniper.

Flamer I found underwhelming since extinguishers have a lot of uses and are in abundance - and some people can just tank the fire damage. It'd be nice if it applied some burn on contact mayhaps.
RPG is shit for breaching walls. They use to be amazing. I use to fly over to genetics and fire one into them and it got them good but now Im lucky if it breaks the windows.
Also yeah syndies really should start with gas masks. I have no idea why after all these years of getting sarin'd they still have normal breathmasks.
(09-28-2020, 05:53 PM)TheMaskedMan2 Wrote: 1. They should spawn with proper gas masks so chem memes don't immediately destroy them.
2. They should each spawn with a single syndie-donk.

Agree on both of these.

Drop the donks from the medic and give every syndie one.
Not sure what giving nukies gas masks would actually accomplish. Acid smoke will still melt them, and anything gas masks block is also blocked by breath masks. You do need gas masks to completely block sarin, but nukie suits and helmets aren't sarinproof so it's academic, really.
nukies are always going to be a crapshoot, i think the key thing is to limit the effectiveness of cheese and maybe buffing/nerfing things if they become generally too dominant/relied upon (like shotgun subs)
important thing to note is that "balanced" and "50/50 win rate" are not the same thing. The nukies and the crew are not meant to be equal in power, they're meant to produce fun fights.
What is the current win rate anyways? And, for that matter, what's the "ideal" win rate, if there is one?
(09-30-2020, 08:26 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: important thing to note is that "balanced" and "50/50 win rate" are not the same thing. The nukies and the crew are not meant to be equal in power, they're meant to produce fun fights.

There's a certain point where fighting nukies as a crew member turns from being a fun challenge to a sluggish uphill battle wherein you sit dead for any where from 6-20 minutes watching as a small portion of the station tries to fight the nukies to no effect, and the rest of the crew does nothing. I rarely see a nukie round now where the crew wins in a head on fight unless there's an HoS/enough security and the armory is opened. Most times it's because of one oversight in the plant spot that lets a single crew member get into a semi-ok spot and bash the nuke while no one notices. This shouldn't be the case, the crew should, IMO, have a chance to win some fights head on.
This doesn't sound like a direct balance issue.

Crew ignoring or being slow to react to a nuke will happen in the same way nukies fail to bring the bomb or blow each other up.

Crew without armoury or QM supplied weapons are understandably not exactly a match for nukies with armor and military weapons. But the armory can hand out at least six decent guns, QM can supply quite a few phasers.

The most obvious disadvantage I've seen is a lack of sec/HoS. The armor vests and stun weapons are a pretty big help and it's a bit hit or miss if other command tries to get people to the armory.
I think Nukies are "Mostly" okay right now besides a few QoL issues that remain just as annoyances. I still think they should get syndie donks and gas masks for one. Besides that it's just simple things like the effectiveness of rifles and ballistics, but that's less of a nukie centric concern and more for the entire game.

Here's another weird thing but i'm not sure if there is much to be done about it. The Pyro Nukie is kinda useless half the time not only due to extinguishers being extremely available and the damage over time not hurting fast enough - the flamer also doesn't work in vented environments half the time, which well. Do you see how many holes Nukies tend to make?
I dont think syndies are too powerful. The thing with syndies is friendly fire. If the team is bad and they accidentally start shooting each other they have balistic weapons and that means they can't really get healed properly with a bullet in them BUT if the team is good and can help themselves from shooting each other they are probably a strong team that will stomp the crew. In this game its all about the players and less about the items they are given.
Did they get rid of the donk pockets box when they made Cairngorm?

Also yeah, they should all have gas masks.

If you ask me, I think their armor, jet packs, & spacesuits should be completely intergrated into one outfit. They're most likely going to be fighting in a vacuum.
(10-02-2020, 07:48 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Did they get rid of the donk pockets box when they made Cairngorm?

If you ask me, I think their armor, jet packs, & spacesuits should be completely intergrated into one outfit. They're most likely going to be fighting in a vacuum.

donk pockets are a medic item now

personally, I like the space suit vs armor choice. I always use the armor and ditch the space suit, and do a lot better for it I feel
Class-crate spacesuits were recently given more armor: 4 melee, 1.5 ranged, 20% explosion (compare to armor vest 6 melee, 1 ranged, 0 explosion).
This could possibly be applied to the other spacesuits on carnigorn (but not redsuits found in debris I'd say)