Poll: Nukie good?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nukies are strong
18.75%
6 18.75%
Nukies are weak
3.13%
1 3.13%
Nukies are balanced
34.38%
11 34.38%
Nukies just need some tweaks
43.75%
14 43.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Nukie balance
I really don’t like the idea of separating spacesuits and armor. Simply because of fashion. It feels weird to give Nukies unique and cool spacesuits just to tell them “Actually you should wear the old riot helmet and default armor instead”.
Sarin should be removed, replaced or nukies get full seal armor/space suit combo. It's too much of a liability.

I'm keener on making their armor count as full seal spacesuits because they are going to get exploded and they have too much shit to carry.

Downside is sarin may be OP in that case.
Nukie armor (at least the class armor) is already a spacesuit. And spacesuits don't protect against sarin anyways, only biosuits do.
From what I've seen, nukies are actually surprisingly balanced. Rounds can go either way, considering the crew can beat them through science/security/hordes of robust assistants, and if the nukies play their cards right or get lucky with the bomb location they can win as well.

I do think sarin should be removed, because it's all too powerful to give to the nukies for free. Allowing them to purchase sarin would be more reasonable, because someone would have to give up buying a better kit to get it. Perhaps a chemical warfare kit, or giving the medic 2-3 sarin grenades? To be honest we shouldn't give nukies protection from it either, to make sarin a gamble to use instead of being able to pop it anywhere and run through the cloud.
How about replacing the sarin with just tear gas? Less lethal so you'd get bigger nuke fights and less deadly if there's an accident
I like that idea. Although tear gas is a bit underpowered compared to sarin, keeping it free would be a fair trade-off.
(10-11-2020, 08:10 AM)getbrecked Wrote: Giving the medic 2-3 sarin grenades?

As an aside, I like this idea (2 seems fine). It buffs the medics offensive abilities which I feel they need, while potentially giving them a way to mitigate the self-owns, by equipping them with atropine (if they don't already).