Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make nukies helmet/mask acid smoke immune?
(09-28-2020, 08:14 AM)Katzen Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 01:37 AM)BlackPhoenix Wrote: Somewhat of a problem with that last suggestion is that changeling acid spit melting headgear is kinda a big deal, given their feeding requirements.

There's nothing preventing changeling spit being a totally special thing.

^^^This.

(09-28-2020, 05:20 AM)vampirate Wrote: I had a suggestion a while back to make wizard hats melt over time instead of instantly, it went nowhere. It would be similarly good here.

It was a good idea (I was for it) but was ultimately shot down because of how OP certain wizard strats were. I think the general consensus was that these strats need to be reworked before buffing wizards hats.

As for the idea itself, the problem isn't so much the helmets melting - it's the masks. No mask = vulnerability to airlessness and further inhalants, pretty detrimental to nuke ops.

If we take the idea that anything that is "dense" (Spacesuit helmets, sec helmets, hard hats, nuke op gear, anything that's armored really) melts over time instead of instantaneously, that would be a good change. If a coder is arsed, they could tie in the melt over time with the armor stats. Or instead give those dense hats their own acid stat (which is already a thing, if I recall) and tie the time takes to melt with the acid stat.

Furthermore, they should also be layered, if you excuse my poor terminology. Currently both will melt at the same time afaik. Instead, dense hats should melts first, then further exposure will melt masks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make nukies helmet/mask acid smoke immune? - by Sundance - 09-28-2020, 09:37 AM