Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec Taser Alternatives
Again, alternatives to the long distance taser gun that could be side grades or locker available, possibly civilian class self defense weapons

1. Alpha Eagle Xtreme's Liberty Bell Sonic Blaster

Uses the same technology as the amplified vuvuzela. Causes those hit in the blast to drop items they have and involuntarily cover their ears.

2. Kowloon Incorporated's "Lei Gong" Weighted Rods

A pocket pouch filled with small steel rods that can be thrown to get a small stun against a foe. The rods can can be used as a melee weapon

3. Hauer & Hammer's "Pixie" Zip Taser

Has a two shot charge and fires short distance pins that cause 6 seconds of slow down and item drop on hit
So these ideas seem pretty alright at first blush. bee

To add my own idea to the table, kyle sometimes mentioned wanting to do a "energy lasso". I dunno how he wanted to do it, but if I were to make it, I think I do it like this:
Under the hood, works like a gun. If you hit someone with the lasso "projectile", they're roped in.
Once they're roped in, you can click on them in-hand to pull them closer to you. Mashing it makes it go faster.
While they're roped in, they can't move away from you. But they can mash movement buttons to try to escape. Alternatively, they can be strong enough to break the lasso or cover themselves to oil or something to loosen the lasso's grip.
Also has a whip/flail end. Instead of pulling people towards you, it pushes them away. So if you're trying to capture one person in a crowd, you rope in the perp, and while you're pulling them in, you use the other end to keep away people trying to interrupt the capture.
Can use the lasso when it's off, but it's more effective when it's on.

Semi-serious idea: cup of "coffee" that splashes a cone of chems that confuse and slow movement. Works best with the bundled iron donut that knocks people down if you're below a certain speed. (And both are stronger if you dip the donut into the cup.)
A Tranq gun that shoots haloperidol or some other chem, but it only has 1-2 shots before needing to be recharged. Less of an instant stun and not guaranteed to ko by any means but it'd be a nice stamina drain to soften them up for baton'ing.

Rewards good aim, sacrifices reliable instant knockdown for a longer duration debuff.
Yee, I see what you are doing. You want to split up the sets so that there's "equipment" "ranged" and "melee". I'm down for this, it would be a decent change that would encourage some mixing.

I'll point out that the current sec weapons have an alt mode, so it'd be good to see that too.

TheMaskedMan2 Wrote:A Tranq gun that shoots haloperidol or some other chem, but it only has 1-2 shots before needing to be recharged.

I'm liking the sound of this lil' tranq gun. I think Halo is a bit too weak for 1-2 shots, especially considering the fact if you miss a shot. Mixing it with Morphine so that you have a Halo / Morphine cocktail of 1:1, 10u or 2:1 10u/5u might be groovy here without being too OP.

This would be great paired with the "Support" class with the morphine/donut combo, you could shoot someone and then tag them with a morphine autoinjector to knock em out. 

The alt mode could be "Wake up" shot of Smelling salts + Synap cocktail. Morphine would have to be added to the list that Smelling salts flushes out for this to work as desired. This again, would be great for support, as you can shoot others if they've been neuro'd / penned / the nerd you knocked out with morphine or if you want to give your cohorts a stamina boost.

My suggestion would be a pepper spray / paintball gun (Riot rifle? Name pending). How this would work would be:

Main mode:
Burst fire of 3 shots of "capsaicin plus" infused pellets. 
Each pellet contains 5u of "capsaicin plus" which inflicts a TOUCH reaction.
Can be shot 5-6 times RATATAT'ing at targets, but the battery cannot be swapped out (totaling 15-18 bullets)
The "capsaicin plus" differs from ordinary capsaicin. It completely ignores mask wearing, but does not cause blindness (think about it being embedded in the skin).

Reasoning: Burst fire modes are fun and capsaicin is debilitating without causing daze effects. Wielded in the right hands however, it's just as robust as a Taser. Pairs well with the riot belt.

Alt Mode:
Single shot of a paintball.
Can be shot 5-6 times, wasting same capacity as the main mode, but without any burst fire. 
The paintball colors the target similar to being painted and also causes luminescence.
This cannot be cleaned off by normal means. It does go away on its own after a period of time.

Reasoning: Shoot crimers in the dark. Crimer now lit up like the 4th of July.
I like the idea of a paintball gun but I think it would work better if instead of a battery you had Ammo Boxes that could be freely replaced at the token vendor once emptied, perhaps taking a bit of time to refill similar to item manufacturing. I'd like it if said paintball gun acted similarly to how they do in Swat 4 in that they can be spammed haphazardly but don't really do too much unless you mash enough of them into someone's face.

I don't know chemicals well enough to call on it but I like the idea overall and would love to test it out in the future (I'd be willing to help with sprites but I'm not very good to be perfectly honest)
The haloperidol gun should be able to switch to mutadone because holy fuck gene nerds are impossible to deal with otherwise.
i want energy bola
u throw it, and it trips people
like pulse, except it doesnt knock back. and while theyre bola-d, they cant run as fast, short stun, disarm thru tripping, and subsequent ones stack slowdown

also plugging my foam cannon idea. long dead but necromancys kinda in rn. you shoot people with it and it slows them down, but it also gives them armour. enough subsequent shots immobilises them, but makes them immune. you can remove foam by smacking yourself /having other people smack you