Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add back throwing TTVs
Since the whole request for adding TTVs to your chest cavity was getting serious thought into adding it back I wanted to take the time to make this suggestion to add back something.
Let me throw TTVs again. I don't really see the reason why we can't. It doesn't really change anything big it just adds a fun moment to yeet a TTV at someone.
That's pretty much it.
I'm fairly sure (unless something changed recently, I've been inactive in-game for the last month or so) you can throw TTVs, they just don't go very far due to their weight.

Single-tank bombs might be more susceptible to being thrown.
Hmm. Ill have to test this. I remember a year or so ago maybe longer I dunno when it was changed to not being able to throw TTVs all that would happen when you tried to throw a TTV it would just land right next to you.
no, I'm sorry but I'd rather not see people able to yeet a 15x15 fucking bomb anything farther than next to them. If you want it to make sense then consider just how heavy and dense gas can be, and how heavy the containers holding those gases already are.
(09-25-2020, 02:13 PM)Drago156 Wrote: no, I'm sorry but I'd rather not see people able to yeet a 15x15 fucking bomb anything farther than next to them. If you want it to make sense then consider just how heavy and dense gas can be, and how heavy the containers holding those gases already are.

I mean I understand it sounds scary but really what would it change? Right now I can just walk up to someone and set the timer for 3 seconds drop the bomb and run away. If I could throw it I would set the bomb for 3 seconds yeet the bomb at someone and run away. Only difference is one is more fun.
yeah, running away is more fun
throwing is for cowards
a vote for this idea is a vote for cowardice
Either way Ill run away. Only different is that someone can SEE me throw it and if they live the bomb blast they will know my name. Just dropping the bomb and running away no one will know who it is.
I'm going to go the opposite direction and suggest that instead of putting it next to you, throwing a ttv should drop it on the same tile you're on. On your foot. With a funny chat message.
It bothers me if you can't throw it, because you can throw everything else in the game.

It would bother me less if more heavy items couldn't be thrown
if you want a similar effect, just throw an erebite/nitro pipe bomb w/ a rigged power cell in it
I don't really see people saying what difference it would change if you can throw TTVs. All it does it makes it more fun to chuck a bomb at someones head. As Frank said you can throw every thing else in the game as long as you can pick it up. Coding it so you cant throw TTVs and JUST TTVs seems weird to me since its not like throwing TTVs gives much of an advantage. In fact like I said before throwing a TTV gives them a chance to see the whole, "Kiki Kolana throws a tank transfer valve at Nerd McNerdy's head!" and now you know who is the bomber.
with this, you can yeet a 15x15 bomb to the edge of your screen over a desk, it's a big difference.

the only things held back throw wise are also dangerous balance-wise. only thing that comes to mind are dense bread loaves

there's so many 'realism' arguments but the whole point is throwing a 15x15 with a 1 second timer is not something your target can do shit about - but if someone has to drop a 15x15, they arent setting the timer to 1 second, else they're easily getting gibbed

alternatively you could change it so you cant throw any heavy object, so all heavy objects are consistent. then there's going to be dozens of complaints about throwing backpacks and whatever object happens to be marked as 'heavy' to stop it being crammed into a backpack. it's not fun.
It's so obvious why there's a throw limit for TTVs and saying it is bad is grossly underestimating how boring it is to get a bomb yeeted at your face and have you + whoever happens to be near you turned into giblets
Given all the negative feedback against this idea, with pretty little in the way of support for it, I'm inclined to move this to Bad ideas.