Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Make clicking small pouches with 2 handed weapons open them
As the title says - You can't easily access a rifle mag/grenade pouch with a Syndie AR in your hand, needs a bunch of inventory fussing or click-dragging.
Good idea. Ive had this problem before as a syndie and running out of ammo
Would be a great QoL improvement; just a tip for the time being - open the pouch with amunition to the gun you are using already before the fight starts.
You can also click+drag a pouch onto yourself to open it with an item in hand. But either way +1 to this idea it would be nice.
Is this not an intentional downside to choosing a two-handed weapon, though? It actually is kinda hard to fish through your pockets while holding an automatic rifle.
> Is this not an intentional downside to choosing a two-handed weapon, though? It actually is kinda hard to fish through your pockets while holding an automatic rifle.
IRL you can just hold the gun with one hand while you fish for the item.
IRL I always wield my rocket launchers akimbo.
(09-22-2020, 01:33 PM)MarkNstein Wrote: > Is this not an intentional downside to choosing a two-handed weapon, though? It actually is kinda hard to fish through your pockets while holding an automatic rifle.
IRL you can just hold the gun with one hand while you fish for the item.

You can't reliably have an assault rifle at the ready with one hand, though. The request being made is to be able to both keep the rifle at the ready at all times and allow a free hand for manipulating inventory.

It makes more sense for there to be an item like a shoulder strap you can attach to a weapon so it's free-hanging, which would make it so you can quickly free your hands to grab ammo/do whatever without also losing possession of the weapon. Having to actually manipulate the weapon/strap drop and pickup by clicking makes more sense to me in terms of mimicking the complexity of what you're proposing.
Nah, rifles aren't THAT heavy and I don't think it makes sense that you would have to put it down just to grab from a pocket satchel, I can understand the backpack in a sense but you can already pull stuff from it while it's on your back so I'd say just let the murder hobos have their mags
Honestly, I would love a way to hold a two handed weapon with one hand, but have it be unable to be used until you switch back to two hands.

That said, being able to open pouches by clicking on them with in hand items that don't fit in makes sense to me
Don't think we should apply too much logic, dual handed is done more for balance than realism.

The question is would the increased speed of reloading two handed weapons be an issue?
(09-23-2020, 03:07 AM)Katzen Wrote: The question is would the increased speed of reloading two handed weapons be an issue?

Could add a 2-3 second action bar if that's the concern.

The action bar - the great equalizer.

+1 to this idea in either case.
I feel like this is just a QOL change, it's not necessarily a balance decision unless you're the kind of person that views everything through the lens of balance decisions. We should just do it, you can already do it via click-drag according to sord, so it's just been overlooked.
Yeah, this is way more of a QoL change than a balance change IMO. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to going one step further and have clicking on an ammo pouch with a gun attempt to load the gun with the first nonempty magazine inside.
Can we have empty magazines get ejected onto the floor instead of swapped back into the pouch so that my pouch isn't just full of a bunch of empty magazines that look identical to the remaining full ones?