Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Apply max stamina debuff for people in crit
Let me preface this with one thing - I love goon crit, it really adds to that feeling of being REAL beat up and yet gives a smart player a chance to take some control of their fate, but there's one big issue i've noticed:

A person who's DEFINITELY lost a fight (50~200% crit) can still fight like he's in perfect condition, minus the random stuns, this makes it particularly bad when a player who would rightfully die has generally got a massive advantage on shoving a weapon out of a guy's hands like it's nothing. All that time lying around in crit is super useful for stamina regeneration, so anyone in crit who's just had a lie down is in perfect fighting condition, besides the chance of falling over later.

This means that a fight that's easily been ended can just as quickly have the tables turned if RNG cooperates. a guy who's been bleeding into deep crit is still capable of landing some crits and spacing a guy in three seconds, and can be just as hard to keep down if they're lucky.

Perhaps players in crit should have their max stamina cut down? Like a -125 debuff. This should limit their effectiveness with disarms and fighting, but give them just as much opportunity to stumble away and fight another day. I think it will also partially deal with the issue of lethal weapons having no crowd control potential, by virtue of leaving players incapacitated without just turning them into stun weapons.
idk how this would turn out in practise. i can only imagine it contributing to a downward spiral of losing fights, with no way of recovering once you reach a certain threshold of crit
A person that is in critical injury IRL can still use their strength and in fact might be stronger because the brain limiters are telling the muscles STOP HOLDING BACK. At least till they pass out. Of course this doesnt count if the person arm is injured or not but we dont really have limb damage. Just limb cut off or not.
I like that a smart player can save himself from a really...really bad situation.

Thing is - there are steps as a Traitor to take to make sure that your victim will not run away. Make usage of such options.

I am not for a change like you propose. Dropping your own weapon and falling over every 0.73 seconds once in deep crit is enough of a demise.
(09-21-2020, 01:04 PM)Carbadox Wrote: idk how this would turn out in practise. i can only imagine it contributing to a downward spiral of losing fights, with no way of recovering once you reach a certain threshold of crit

having a reduced maximum stamina won't stop you fighting or punching, and if you're both exhausted from having fought for so long, a crit and non-crit player would actually perform roughly the same unless the winning fighter stood back and took a breather.

If you're making the lore argument, critical condition doesn't mean the patient is hurt and running on adrenaline - it means the patient's combined injuries have rendered them unable to breathe adequately unassisted, which pretty logically would transfer to at least limiting your stamina.

Note that this isn't limiting the stamina regen - limiting stamina by reducing regen would simply amplify how long you stay down and bring us back to old crit. The main thing this will address is how frequently fights can get VERY messy for the situations where a guy is clearly bleeding out, briefly gains consciousness for like 3 seconds, successfully disarms a perfectly healthy, alert person about 60~70% of the time, then continues on to shoot them with it.
This is a silly farty game, so I am not going to argue the lore of adrenaline and how that works.

As for the Stamina - people able to turn around a fight while low could definitely still happen, but right now I have to agree it sucks. If you got yourself into -100 crit you should basically have lost that fight. Not still have enough time to crit the other dude just by punching him. You can very easily have situations where you have pumped 12 rounds into a guys chest and he is VERY DEAD.

But you did damage to him, not a stun, so that tanky ass dude can limp towards you and before he keels over can still manage to disarm or even get a lucky attack in and bring you down to crit. The end result is despite him taking 5x the amount of damage and you barely entering crit, you both die.

Anyways i'm not saying crit people should be useless, but yeah they should not be nearly as effective in combat in my opinion.
People in crit got a hard enough time as is.
Personally, I find turnabout one of the most thrilling aspects of combat. The fact that a crit player can choose to use their dying moments to attempt to take out their killer rather than save themselves is a plus to me.

If anything, I think the way to handle this would be to make it easier for a crit person to save themselves, provided they take themselves out of the fight.

Sorta like choosing to roll on the ground when on fire, if a character in crit chooses to they could lie down and resist to stabilize themselves. This leaves them the option of choosing to fight instead, it makes it easier for the assailant to decide to finish them off or let them stabilize, and maybe would result in less lethal fights? Who knows?
Critties don't need nerfs.