Mentor Application - Brixx79
Usual character name:  Brixx Borrison
BYOND username:  Brixx79
Discord username (if you are on our discord):  Brixx79
Recommended by (if applicable):  Rodney Dick
Goon servers you play:  Goon1+2,  rarely on the RP's

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

Rodney has been poking me to get my app in for ages so I should finally do this!  While I tend to be a scientist main, I've delved into almost every area of the game (outside genetics tbh) and have been taking a liking to miner lately.  When deep into a game, I'll sometimes get that "collect-a-thon" mentality and need to explore every aspect of it.  This has resulted in me learning every secret chem outside ex/pure dabs atm, creating infamous hellmixes, and realizing how hard it is to spreadsheet ore stats.  And I like sharing this knowledge (in appropriate ways).  This game is great for all the hidden little gems in it, and a guiding hand is needed for many beginners to learn how to search for them.

I've made mistakes while playing.  A recent round had me hunting after someone who stole my ID very early on, and I accidentally fingered the wrong person; Resulting in them getting them brigged for a bit.  They came back armed and mad.  While we could have had an all out brawl, I talked him down and did what few players would: Apologize.  Even geared him up better as icing on the cake.  HoS was actually impressed and apologized as well, giving me new ID with AA.  Another round with me as antag had security complimenting me on the fun chase.  This game should be as enjoyable for as many people playing it as possible, and that's how I tend to orient my playstyle.  I'll admit I'm not the most social gamer, partially because I tend to lag and keeping up with chat in game can give slow responses, but will answer questions or at least emote something.  

My knowledge of game mechanics tends to result in odd gimmicks.  While it's neat hearing people ask "How did you do that?!?", it's even more rewarding to see them pull that off themselves a few rounds later with a bit of coaching.  It's one of the reasons I joined a chem group that works on solving secret chems;  Not only to gain knowledge but to share that with others.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Unless I was banned for some unknown reason while I as on hiatus, none.
A supreme chemnerd and all around great person to play with. I've seen Brixx around a fair bit and their deep knowledge of many of the game's systems would be a real asset if they got the grapemouse, plus they're very friendly and more than willing to teach! +1
Brixx rules, extremely knowledgeable and helpful, a good friend and a terrible adversary - I'm delighted that he's finally applied! +1
Ye, purp this nerd and make 'em a grapemouse. Good knowledge about some of the more obscure things around research. +1
Great bean, very helpfull, purp this science nerd
Brixx good, very stable, load bearing, a part of every solid foundation.