Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
discord ban appeal
My IRC/Discord Username: The Maggot Guy
Date and time of the ban: 20 minutes ago I guess
Who banned me: Yass and Tarmunora
Message given in the kick, if present unknown
Summary of events leading up to the ban: joined the server with a swear word which isn't against the rules on the wiki, said a bucnh of swear words and bragged that I can piss standing up, came bag and bragged about shitting my pants and pissing on the toilet seat because im a man and also I said the word vagina. None of that is against the rules on the official rule page? And I assume the rules on the discord rulepage are the exact same?
Why I should be unbanned: all I did was swear and then I got yeeted lol, if pissing standing up is wrong I don't wanna be right

Im also really excited about goon, looks and sounds so much better than regular TG code so I'm escited to learn all the stuff of going on and stuff. I was given 0 warnings or anything

people's reaction was to speculate that I "wouldn't last long" and that was it
no warnings, just randomly kicked
You were banned because to all appearances, you were a low-effort troll. You show up, and for a solid 10 minutes do nothing but spew vulgarities, harass a community member for having a furry pfp, and give off misogynistic vibes, and from your appeal you don't seem to see that you've done anything bad. Give me a reason to give you a second chance.
(09-19-2020, 10:05 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: You were banned because to all appearances, you were a low-effort troll. You show up, and for a solid 10 minutes do nothing but spew vulgarities, harass a community member for having a furry pfp, and give off misogynistic vibes, and from your appeal you don't seem to see that you've done anything bad. Give me a reason to give you a second chance.

literally vulgarity isn't against the rules tho? And saying "sorry furry I don't speak italian" isn't harassment. Also bragging about being able to piss standing up isn't misogyny, it's a fucking joke
Alternately, you could take the time in your appeal to suggest that the attitude you brought to our community wasn't the best, that when the admins told you to fuck off and then fucked you off that it might just have been more to do with 'how we run this place is very different from what you brought to this place' than it had to do with peeing standing up being a crime, but have fun with whatever the hell this is I guess.

Okay yeah I went back and looked at your posts in general and I would have banned you too. You come in, immediately start chucking around insults and hostility, and only stop when you got chucked off the server. If you really wanna be here, I would very strongly recommend you revisit your whole deal, but I'd bet a hot dog that if you reply to this at all, it'll be some tirade about how a real man blah blah who cares. Please do us all a favor and don't bother.

edit to clarify: Don't bother if you're going to do more blustering. If you want to actually address your attitude or otherwise make a good faith effort at being part of our community instead of just a source of annoyance, please do.
(09-20-2020, 12:10 PM)popecrunch Wrote: Alternately, you could take the time in your appeal to suggest that the attitude you brought to our community wasn't the best, that when the admins told you to fuck off and then fucked you off that it might just have been more to do with 'how we run this place is very different from what you brought to this place' than it had to do with peeing standing up being a crime, but have fun with whatever the hell this is I guess.

Okay yeah I went back and looked at your posts in general and I would have banned you too.  You come in, immediately start chucking around insults and hostility, and only stop when you got chucked off the server.  If you really wanna be here, I would very strongly recommend you revisit your whole deal, but I'd bet a hot dog that if you reply to this at all, it'll be some tirade about how a real man blah blah who cares.  Please do us all a favor and don't bother.

edit to clarify: Don't bother if you're going to do more blustering. If you want to actually address your attitude or otherwise make a good faith effort at being part of our community instead of just a source of annoyance, please do.

literally the admins said nothing to me and i was given 0 warnings to stop which is sincerely bad form for an admin team
cool, enjoy another discord, preferably one about piss
(09-20-2020, 06:15 PM)warcrimes Wrote: cool, enjoy another discord, preferably one about piss

name one rule I broke
Fine, we'll rules lawyer it.

Number 2: Be respectful of others. Coming in and being crappy to people immediately pretty obviously breaks that rule.

There. Done. You fucked up. Are you going to admit you fucked up so we can move on to the 'okay i won't fuck up like that again' part, or are you going to bluster some more so we can move on to the 'appeal denied, stay gone' part? That's up to you, dogg.

Look I'll level with you, I probably came into this a bit hot, but look at it from my perspective. Someone comes in to our weird little community, immediately starts farting up the joint, and when they get shown the door, they respond to that with BUT WHY WAT RULE. I'm tired all of the time, what with the everything, so the easy assumption 'oh, another zero effort troll' is pretty seductive. Hell, it's still the most likely one, but fuck it, maybe you're really a decent sort of person once we get to know you and shit just got off on the wrong foot. Help us out here, give us literally any reason to believe you didn't want it to go down this way.