Poll: Remove Gang Mode From Rotation For Now
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes (Remove Gang)
56.92%
37 56.92%
No (Keep Gang)
43.08%
28 43.08%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove Gang Mode From Rotation For Now? Vote!
That's Revs at its best yes. If someone goes to hide it's 40-60 minutes of which everything past 20mins is terrible, sadly.

Repeating myself from the other thread, but I feel like the banal end of gang round can work nicely as an opposite of Rev/Blob/Nukies in the sense that you know you can just do your job for the next hour or so without much repercussion. That seems to me like it's a valuable enough niche.

That said, there doesn't look like there's a meaningful way for anti-antag crew to counter a gang. Even most security just doesn't bother because 2/3 gangers can outmob a secoff most of the time. On the whole gangs don't really face any repercussions from being shits.

A few thoughts:
-How are you going to score station damaging? (I'm guessing with considerable trial and error, but)
-What about gangs losing entirely (+ gibbing) if they lose too many points? The TTV-bombing happy gangs wouldn't last long, and it might actually gangs to attack one anothers' base if they can eliminate a rival doing so.
-Turf system a sounds like the better idea of the two, but you do run the risk of peeps using weird area placement to put tags outside of the proper rooms.  (I think you can put tags under all the APCs in cog1's medbay maint and "capture" all but pathology for example)

-Drug points as they are now are maybe bad. Making meth or growing weed for 40 minutes isn't exactly being an antag; It's being a chemist/botanist that's rude about hogging the equipment. I feel like dropoffs (of gangs-specific drugs or precursors) that gangs can fight over would be a more direct reason for conflict.
-I'm not sure if this works anymore, but I used to see gang round where some of the gangs hide their tags under tables and other things so you have to right-click every table to find the fucking things. Maybe the gang overlay should highlight where tags are.
-You could consider only giving uniform buffs if the exosuit doesn't cover (most of) the jumpsuit. I think we have the COVERS flags in code?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Gang Mode From Rotation For Now? Vote! - by BatElite - 09-19-2020, 05:21 AM