Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add overdose checks/reagent limits to Auto Injectors
Right now it's possible for inexperienced doctors to overdose people with autoinjectors, wasting a vast amount of resource and harming their patient with said medicine. Limiting the volume of chemicals a player can autoinject would be a nice double whammy to stop accidental overdoses and to gently let a newbie player know that stacking hundreds of units of a medicine is often wasteful & they should let the existing medicine take effect first.

Having this overridable with the harm intent could also let malicious/experienced doctors do this deliberately.

I'm not 100% this is the best solution and i'm up for other suggestions, but I think there should be some in-game reminder that medicine rarely benefits from being in great quantity.
I think that this is unnecessarily hand-holdey. I don't think that this is such a rampant problem that we need to add something to the code of auto injectors to prevent them from injecting people who already have some of that chem in them.
I use atropine auto-injectors to purposely OD people rampaging in medbay. I'd be bummed to lose that option
think a better idea would be to give more feedback for when people are ODing on meds.
make reagents that are over their overdose threshold RED on reagent scans
(09-17-2020, 08:31 PM)Flaborized Wrote: make reagents that are over their overdose threshold RED on reagent scans
is good
+1 to making scans highlight OD reagents in red.