Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make some of the emagged cyberorgans have other ways to get?
Some of the cyberorgans have nice abilities and stuff once they're emagged, but most people are probably never going to see them. I think that's a shame. Some of the abilites, like the emagged cyberstomach letting you puke food at people, is pretty fun. I think more people would want to get surgery every once in a while if that was an option. I don't think it would be op or anything if available to everyone (other than having no cooldown, maybe only emagged version keeps that?)

Some of the other organs have stronger abilities that I don't think should be available at all times, but it would be nice if they could pop up every once in a while (albeit unreliably). Maybe the common military crates with meds could have one in them? Maybe you could make some of them with mining minerals? It would still be cool to see. I know that's hard to balance. Old organs were very strong if you got all of them. 

I don't think they all need to be gated behind the EMAG; EMAG is already great. It wouldn't hurt it if there were other ways to see this stuff.
Wholeheartedly agree that some of these would be great as separate purchasable items.
One idea I liked was making them have a chance to emag when damaged below a certain health threshold (you can bash organs on the floor to hurt them).
(09-14-2020, 04:08 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: One idea I liked was making them have a chance to emag when damaged below a certain health threshold (you can bash organs on the floor to hurt them).

I like this idea. Maybe it would also be good to add cyber organs to my "Trent's Anatomy" surgical textbook so more people know about their cyber medical options.
(09-14-2020, 04:08 PM)Tarmunora Wrote: One idea I liked was making them have a chance to emag when damaged below a certain health threshold (you can bash organs on the floor to hurt them).

"I'm about to jailbreak your stomach"
I wanted to make a traitor organ crate for MD/Robo until someone told me you could just emag organs.

Could add them to one of the off station vendors?
I like the idea of damaging organs, but bear in mind that this would mean... well you'd be putting damaged organs inside someone for some neat features of those damaged organs.

Which is fair, it's trading a minus for a plus.

I do still think it would be cool to purchase perfectly functional organs (as in 100% health) WITH the emagged functionality. I'm leaning heavily towards the economic rework here, as more stuff to buy (especially odd stuff like this) is rad and should be encouraged.
There was something I eventually wanted to have going for cyberorgans which was a sort of cyberorgan hacking machine to put in robotics. That would have like a hacking minigame that would be functionally similar to how you have to snip certain "wires" to hack a door or vending machine. I mean it doesn't have to be that exact "minigame", but that's easy to do.. Different wires netting different effects on the organ. One of which could be emagging it. Others could be like bringing back the flat stamina increase maybe at expense to organ health. Some other ideas too.

Would need to have a sprite for it. I always wanted it to be like a box that would look sort of like a 3D printer with the glass window showing the organ inside, but instead of the printing apparatus, it would have like tiny robotic arms that would like zap/weld/cut an organ when you use it.