Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Remove gang from rotation entirely
I've had a few really great and memorable gang rounds, but mostly they feel like ass day rounds to me. Last time I joined a gang, the clown had found a cool chembomb artifact and we were looking at it. Oh hey, it's gangs, and someone just offered me a flier. I'll join with the clown so we can use that artifact because it's a chance to use it. To be honest that's really not a great reason, I'm not joining because I want to do objectives, but when I rarely join gangs, this is why.

I feel like the problem with gang rounds is it's a team gamemode like revs/blob/nukie but it plays like you're a hardmode traitor with a group. Points make you win at the end of the round, but it feels like greentexting as a traitor. It doesn't really matter. It doesn't have the impact of say, winning a nukie round.

I think gang should have an objective that ends the round, would make it more engaging. Kill the other gangs, claim enough of the station, get enough points, something. That would make it more comparable to other team modes, make people want to do those objectives more. Solo antags you're free to do as you please, but team mode antags are different and gangers are kind of an exception right now. You don't say, roll nukie then immediately rush in on your own. That's not cool. I think having a game-ending objective would make it more not cool to just join a gang to make bombs/grief or roll for leader so you can play it like a hard-mode traitor and not even put your locker down.

I do like team gamemodes; I don't think gang should be removed entirely, I've seen some great gang rounds.

Messages In This Thread
Remove gang from rotation entirely - by Mouse - 09-14-2020, 08:09 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by pali6 - 09-14-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by zcrow - 09-14-2020, 09:06 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by zcrow - 09-14-2020, 10:34 AM
RE: Remove gang from rotation entirely - by Dickles - 09-14-2020, 03:48 PM