Mentor Application - Kamades
Usual character name: Raphael Zahel, SPLINTER (As AI or Borg)

BYOND username:Kamades

Discord username (if you are on our discord):Kamades#3443

Recommended by (if applicable): Leeanei\Ley, Jan.Antillies, Varshie

Goon servers you play: 1, 3 (Mostly 3 lately)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I would like to be a mentor because, frankly, I really enjoy teaching people games.  As well, the mentor system is one of the best things about Goonstation, in my opinion - having a group of people that are here to help with everything from "how do I drink water" to "How do I stop the TEG from lighting the entire station on fire", and everything in between helps a lot.  I honestly would have bounced hard off the game if not for an early, amazing interaction I had with a mentor - which was when I knew I wanted to be a mentor, once I got the time and knowledge under my belt!  I've also seen first hand just how much more invested in the game new players are when they know that they can get information at a usable pace. Space Station 13 has less of a learning curve and more of a learning cliff, so giving people a rope to help climb that cliff is something I'd like to do more of.  

As for experience - I'm reasonably well versed in almost everything except adventure zones. I started in botany and have a solid grip on those systems, which lead to both Quartermaster and Medbay.  I've spent a lot of time learning and to a fair degree mastering medbay, to the point that I'd consider medbay and medical chemistry to be my specialty.  I play a lot of borg (mostly engi and mediborg), and a fair bit of AI.  I've unlocked the secrets of Packet Nerd Shenanigans, though I'm not a master.   I've not played a lot of antag, nor do I play on the non-RP servers, so my knowledge of nukeops, wizards, blob, and werewolf are pretty limited.

In summary, I like teaching people, and would like to have more opportunities to help teach people. Hopefully my nerd brain can be of use to others as well!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
The only thing I dislike about this application is that it CRIMINALLY undersells how much of a resource Kamades has been to the RP server in general, and RP Overflow in particular. Botany and Medbay are his usual haunts as Raphael Zahel, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone playing in Medbay these days who hasn't learned from him, in part or in whole. On Splinter he is a great mediborg who teaches medbay and robotics, and as SPLINTER he teaches... well, everyone.

He's a great RPer, a great teacher, and just all around a great person. Every round he is in is better for it. I know that going purple would do nothing but give him additional opportunities to do what he does best: learn new stuff and share it with everyone who can use it.

In my opinion, he is exactly the kind of person that Mentoring is all about. Patient, eager to help, and a frickin' nerd.

+1 only because I can't give more.
I've only really interacted with him through SPLINTER and the discord, but he has a great personality (and the knowledge) that would definitely make him welcome as a graperat. +1
Absolutely. I can't speak much for their depth of knowledge outside of medbay, but their demeanor on Discord and the sheer number of times I've seen them teaching medical folks has them down as a solid "yes" in my books.
Player behind Anna/Noel/Vivain/Area sun here.
This man showed me the basics of many jobs like cargo/botany/basic medical when i was new and tough me how to do alot as well as being chill with my endless dumb ass questions, it would be a god damn crime to not turn him purple.

It wouldn't be an understatement to say i wouldn't still be playing this game if it wasn't for them showing me how to do shit so for the love of god brake out a spray paint can and pant them purple.
People are writing all these long paragraphs of praise, so I'll break the rules and just say yes because the important things were already said.
its been a real joy watching kamades go from confused but well meaning newbie to a genuinely nice dude who teaches other people a surprising amount for a stinky robot. (and also the, you know, medical guy). good person , glad he stuck around, +1
I'm very happy to see this app and I fully support it
Even tho I don't have as much hours played on RP as some other RP nerds, I remember a ton of positive interactions with Raphael/SPLINTER. I'll be glad to have him in the mentor team
+1
Kamades is somebody I ALWAYS see teaching people around me, they're incredibly patient and keep training new players for shifts on end. They've taught me extensively for medical, chemistry and they've even taught me most of what I know about construction and fire fighting despite how rarely I do ether of those.

I personally know nothing about botony or cargo but I've easily seen them enough times in both of those places too and while I have no idea what they're doing, they certainly do. There's easily a causation between them being in ether of those roles and that section of the station running incredibly smoothly too.

They're a great RP player with a wealth of knowledge about plenty of areas in the game and they're a credit to every shift I spot them in.
Kamades has been one of the biggest helpers on the #rp-server channel since I started playing and has taught me a lot of good stuff. They always seem friendly and happy to help on the Discord so I don't see any harm in making them a mentor, just means they can help more easily! +1
I play a lot of AI, and I can say with confidence that I trust Raphael Zahel both IC and OOC to be competent, helpful, and roleplay well, and subsequently feel a sense of relief when I see him in a round, knowing that Medbay is one less thing on my own plate to worry about. And, although I don't interact with the borgs as much as I should, I definitely have respect for SPLINTER's word and advice in robo chat, both as AI and borg. In game, I've witnessed them being a healthy addition to any round, and don't really remember anything negative that I've experienced with them.

Out of the game, they are not only still helpful, but polite, fun to talk to, apologetic of what few mistakes they've made in the past, and are willing and even excited to learn new things about the game (namely packet science).

I'd be disappointed if Kam doesn't become a mentor. So, to a fellow silicon:
+ 01100001
I rarely play RP but Kamades is ALWAYS active and trying to be helpful in the discord and their app is pretty solid, as well as everything else already said.

+1
Kamades is a very friendly individual and an excellent teacher. He’s knowledgeable, patient, and often gives up significant amounts of his time just to help someone new or unfamiliar with their role.

His attitude towards helping people is really something to behold. I can happily say that there’s no doubt in my mind that he would make an excellent mentor. +1
It was a joy teaching them when they first started. The apprentice is now ready to be the master. +1
85% of the time I have seen Kamades ingame they are helping teach someone. They are helpful both in and out of game and seem to be a good person who cares about the people they play with. Would make a good screaming mouse +1