Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ASS DAY changes!
I'm just posting Warc's Discord post here since they're too lazy to do it themselves. Someone should probably edit this thread to be better!

Hello spacers!
an EVENT approaches, and another one fades into the distance.
We are beginning our transition from the old Ass Day, which was centered on the absence of rules, to a new format which emphasizes chaos through in-game mechanics.

You probably already know this as ASS_JAM.

Starting this month, on the 13th of course, Ass Day will no longer have its own separate and distinct rule set. What can you expect in its place?
- More antagonists
- Battles Royale maybe
- New free-for-all rounds
- New maps
- More dangerous weapons
- New spells
- The same old admin gimmicks
(Note that ASS_JAM is currently only active on the non-RP server. You can always go to GOON RP on the 13th to escape the Ass)

You can expect somewhat more relaxed moderation as always, but without carte blanche to simply depopulate and depressurise the station in the first 5 minutes.

Why are we doing this?
3 major reasons:

a) Server population falls a solid 30% or more every single Ass Day, even on weekends. It's just not entertaining to play multiple rounds.

b) With our new open source model, ASS_JAM is exactly what you make it. This is the opportunity to test something unbalanced, or prank your pals.

c) Its very hard to enjoy b) in the presence of a)

Want to contribute?
Here's an introduction to conditional compilation, and how to contribute efficiently to ASS_JAM. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fEco...3imNLtylkk

You'll also find a much shorter guide with snippets you can Copy & Paste for ease. It's located at code/modules/admin/ass_day.dm

Ass Day is dead, long live Ass Day.
The next Ass Jam is within less than a week! Let's take some time to remember some moments from the first and previous one. Most screenshots are stolen, I mean, taken with permission from urs, with a couple of mine thrown in for good measure.

[Image: CGhXnvS.png]
One of the first rounds of Ass Jam went a little off the rails.

[Image: rkK61ZI.png]
Shuttle wasn't any different. I think there's a "press this button" button in there somewhere.

[Image: 4g2vstJ.png]
Grow rays and Bubsium can be truly magical.

[Image: 1RJr7sJ.png]
Bears, blood, bullets, blood-red Syndicates, a very accurate representation of Fleet/Bellerophon on Ass Day. This one's from Kubius.

[Image: YxEbcqf.png]
Another image of a round on Fleet. What's Battle Royale without event nuclear bombs, blood, and flaming victims of the BATTLE STORM everywhere?

[Image: r8bd673.png]
Density's engineers find a new purpose for the mining magnet, and its space bees find a new hive.

[Image: Iy0FR5W.png]
The classic "everything is spinning" button returns to Ass Jam, here to stay.

[Image: EYcTtwq.png]
Nuclear Operatives on Donut 2 had to plant a bomb on the Ainley Staff Retreat, so we admins leveled the playing field by creating nifty admin portals to it for both crew and operatives. We also gave the ops a couple surplus crates (hence the nuclear operative giving instructions to a mindslave on the far left edge) and, if I remember correctly, after the regular nuclear bomb failed to deploy, gave them an event nuclear bomb, which can be deployed anywhere. But it turned it was more than enough, for grenadiers and long hallways are a deadly combination.

[Image: CxJcfF9.png]
I don't think this photo needs any explanation.
Ass Jam's tomorrow! Let's share some memories from the previous one!

[Image: Cyomrza.png]
An easy sentiment to sympathize with.

[Image: ECrJwqG.png]
Here's Vaughn Moon giving a tour of the Discount Dan factory to a lucky recipient of the Discount Dan's platinum ticket (and some stragglers who wandered in from the portal to said factory). Featuring Discount Dan himself!

[Image: Qhgxle9.png]
This was a blob round.

[Image: HIvedne.png]
Did you know the Title Screen is an actual in-game area you can build in and make portals to? That's what ursulamejor did here.

[Image: 6dvIvRC.png]
A decidedly chonky singularity.

Now the images are all part of a round that kinda got out of hand.

[Image: 9h6hzmN.png]
First, there were a lot of cowboys.

[Image: ss0twgM.png]
A robot in a shambler costume and an English clown went on a quest to obtain a plutonium core. It started with a mime sacrifice, who got buttgibbed.

[Image: PcCqQNI.png]
Then someone offered a locker of maxcap TTVs. It started growing and spinning.

[Image: XlrGxyf.png]
[Image: fwvPd5R.png]
After more sacrifices, the locker started transmuting into different materials, ending up at Pu-249. That's when the plutonium core appeared, and so did pinpointers leading to it.

[Image: 4c6ZaR7.png]
Everyone embarked on a mad search for it. In the end, the person who found it used it in the market.

[Image: Madl88X.png]
It was quite a slam dunk.

[Image: yioiXWB.png]
I can't explain this one.
Are we posting ass jam screenshots? ?
[Image: hQxiKlh.png]
[Image: sfonlGE.png]
Not as much screenshots as previous since I wasn't around for a lot of Ass Jam rounds, but here's another Katamari experiment and a Biodome during a nuclear operative battle
[Image: 3wQd9Bq.png]
[Image: M0gbdwX.png]

On top of this, a video from UrsulaMajor about a nuke op team that had to destroy a museum!
Ass Jam ended a little early this time around, so not as much pics as last time. But still some good memories of a shuttle with raining crates and a football game where Hastur visited and the scoreboard exploded!

[Image: vOG37ho.png]
[Image: batEg6v.jpg]
[Image: bxdNCDO.jpg]
Another brief one. This time, shots from a colorful golden Bellerophon Fleet, complete with a secret owl disco!

[Image: lLm2NIt.png]
[Image: qiTAix5.png]
I tend to forget this thread exists until it lights up because of Studenter...
[Image: unknown-7.png]