Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Additional cloning changes
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [FEATURE] [INPUT] [QOL]

About the PR

This PR builds upon @Xkeeper0's cloning changes.

- Cloning pods require more materials to manufacture, and deploy without any biomatter.
- You need medical locker access instead of medical lab access to unlock cloning pods (this means medical doctors will be able to eject patients).
- You will also need medical locker access in order to delete cloning records.
- Clicking the cloning pod will once again display the cloning progress.
- Cloning pods have a slightly longer delay (ten vs. five seconds) before they eject the occupant.
- Occupants will be paralyzed for ten seconds upon cloning pod ejection.
- Advanced genetic analysis is toggleable as long as there is not a player currently cloning.
- Someone moving into the cloning scanner will automatically update the cloning computer window. No more clicking refresh before scanning!

Why's this needed?

I thought these changes would be good.

Changelog

Code:
(u)Flourish:
(+)You will now need medical locker access to unlock cloning pods and delete cloning records.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
... that ten second stun is a killer if there's no oxygen.
(09-12-2020, 02:50 AM)vampirate Wrote: ... that ten second stun is a killer if there's no oxygen.

You should go into yellow at worst, from my testing.
Don't you still pop out full of perfluorodecalin?
> You will also need medical locker access in order to delete cloning records.

Don't really like this, I always saw the cloning records as intentionally flimsy to make them less of a surefire way to come back, also a way for antags to sabotage someones cloning without blowing the cloner up, which I think can be more interesting.
(09-13-2020, 08:45 AM)Flaborized Wrote: Don't really like this, I always saw the cloning records as intentionally flimsy to make them less of a surefire way to come back, also a way for antags to sabotage someones cloning without blowing the cloner up, which I think can be more interesting.

That's fair. I can remove it in a bit.
(09-13-2020, 08:45 AM)Flaborized Wrote: > You will also need medical locker access in order to delete cloning records.

Don't really like this, I always saw the cloning records as intentionally flimsy to make them less of a surefire way to come back, also a way for antags to sabotage someones cloning without blowing the cloner up, which I think can be more interesting.

down for this
(09-16-2020, 09:15 AM)ZeWaka Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 08:45 AM)Flaborized Wrote: > You will also need medical locker access in order to delete cloning records.

down for this

I think we should have more backup options. I think currently you can save people to a disk? Are there ways of uploading those disks to the database?
(09-16-2020, 10:03 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 09:15 AM)ZeWaka Wrote:

down for this

I think we should have more backup options. I think currently you can save people to a disk? Are there ways of uploading those disks to the database?

Yes, the data disks, sec spawn with them, however they can only store 1 person per disk. It's just a matter of loading it.

I specifically tell officers to leave their disks on the sec table due to the fact that people can straight up delete their records. Nobody bothers to think about stealing the data disks on the table either.

You can back up players on disks also, yes.

So with all of this in mind, more ways of getting these data disks would be rad. A box of em' already spawns in tech storage,but ehh vending them would also be a really good thing
What's the purpose of increasing the stun?
Merged a few days ago, so moving to Good ideas! subforum.

Besides going back on clone scans requiring access (i.e. you don't need access to delete the clone scan records and still don't), not much has changed since the creation of this PR.

As usual, don't be afraid to make a thread if you want the ejection time reduced or some other change.