Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Character Profile - Antonio Flores
After a couple of months of making random characters like Big Smoke, I thought i'd try my hand at making a real character, in hopes of improving my RP a bit. Here goes nothing!

Basics: Antonio Flores, Born December 18th, 2018

Roles: All Civilian (Blue Roles), All Engineering (Orange roles), and Musician! Antonio is a trained mechanic no matter what Space Station 13 deals him. Antonio always knows how to cook, clean, perform music, and mix a good drink. When Antonio is a Civilian Role, he does not now how to make money on the open market or hook up a space engine. When Antonio is an Orange role, he doesn't really know how to grow a fine crop of veggies like the Botanists do. In all cases, Antonio has only a very basic grasp of first aid, science, and robotics, and will unlikely to aid others in these matters. Command and Security are foreign to Antonio, due to his background.

Personality: Antonio is a man of few words, and those words can often come off as cold or blunt. He does not give trust easily, but if someone treats him with respect, they can expect respect in turn. While Mexico is a distant dream in the world of Space Station 13, Antonio will try to keep the spirit alive when possible, be it through music, food, or drink. Antonio considers himself a believer, but not of any one particular god. A devout agnostic, Antonio believes in Faith as a literal being that can be manifested with enough devotion. He will often seek out the Chapel for guidance when things get really weird on the station. Antonio is calm in ideal circumstances, but takes personal affronts a bit too seriously and isn't afraid to throw a punch if gravely insulted. 

Background: Antonio has a sordid past, as represented in game by the Jailbird trait. Talking with Antonio about his past will be the only way to learn of it, but you can get the sense that he struggles with addiction at times, has a problem with authority, and despises acts of cruelty. Antonio has built a strong resistance to overdosing for some reason he usually does not wish to explain, but suffers from a blood disorder. These are represented as Chemical Resistance and Hemophilia, respectively. 

When Traitor: Antonio can only ever be a Spy or a Vampire. In both cases, first or second degree murder will be his last resort, but expect his temper issues to escalate to severe acts of violence when this version of him is present. As a Spy, Antonio's goal will be to undermine authority and arm the people, causing great amounts of chaos if possible. As a Vampire, aspects of Antonio's past have twisted him into a sick, sad man, and this version of him will often appear more pathetic than threatening. 

Education: Antonio either successfully graduated with a degree in the space equivalent of Mechanical Engineering (For Orange roles that aren't QM) or dropped out due to issues with drugs, violence, and other things. (Civilian roles, QM). 

Family: Antonio does not wish to speak about his family. It will take some effort to approach this topic.

Things you can expect Antonio to say:
"Hola, how can I make your stay in this shit-hole a bit more welcoming?"
"The only difference between la policia and me is the gun in their hands, and the rage in their hearts. They'd kill us, if they were allowed to do that too."
"There's many names for what's watching over us amigo. God, Christ, some great machine. That's just people trying to put some sort of identity to it. But it's there, yes it is. Faith made real. Look around you, and you'll see it's work."
"Say it again perra. Say it to my face. You want to call me names and insult me? I've been through worse than you, and put them in the dirt all the same. Come here pendejo, I'll show you who you're fucking with." 
"You saved me. I'm alive because of you friend. How about a drink and a song, to remember this fleeting moment in a dark universe?"