Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Probably shouldn't have wizard under 20 players confirmed
So last night I was Wizman on a station with like ten active players.... and got super mad for like a full sixty seconds cause they called the shuttle ar 17 minutes... but what were they supposed to do man?  Even at the  one of the lesser tryhard build possible (baleful polymorph, teleport, Rathens, and soulguard) they were in a position where they couldn't do much.   Wizman low pop isn't really fun for anyone.  

It's not fun for the crew who get beat up, nor the wizman who has a super early round end.  While you CAN drag it out, at the low pop it's a chore.

I propose that wizard be limited to round with at least 20 active players confirmed joined.  Stop these frustrating situations from happening.
I think ultimately the issue here isn't with wizard specifically but just a general lack of population amount to make any antag round fun for both sides.
(09-11-2020, 09:08 AM)Drago156 Wrote: I think ultimately the issue here isn't with wizard specifically but just a general lack of population amount to make any antag round fun for both sides.

I feel like common traitor is better set up for straight pranks than wizard. This thread could probably go for changelings too.
Come on as a friendly wizard. Murder monkeys and turn them into skeletons in an enclosed area.

Encourage people to look at the Skeleton Zoo.

Remind people that it is NOT, I repeat, NOT a petting zoo.

Laugh your ass off as someone inevitably lets the skeletons out anyway and you yell at them.

---

To be honest I can understand why the idea is here though.
I get it. When I do lowpop wizard I'll sometimes try to strongarm at least a portion of the crew into doing something dumb like a telescience area while giving them ample opportunity to betray me during the mission. This isn't a 'friendly wizard' thing - people WILL die until I assemble a team to get the McGuffin.