Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[PR] Non-lethal ling sting on RP mode
Information 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[BALANCE] [INPUT]

About the PR
Adds new sting ability which injects 20u of capulettium. Swaps changeling neurotoxin sting for capulettium sting on RP mode.

Why's this needed?
Changeling is pretty controversial on RP, in part because it has so many lethality-oriented abilities. This replaces one of them to give the changeling a more interesting non-lethal tool in their toolbox.
Capulettium was chosen because:

1. It retains the interesting counterplay in that you can dose yourself with another drug to convert it to a slightly less bad poison (I explain this more [in this post.](https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...#pid122193))
2. Your victims appearing to drop dead rather than simply fall unconscious offers more RP opportunities for the ability than simply removing somebody.

I suggested this some time ago in [this forum thread.](https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=10735) I also brought it up in the Discord, starting [from this message.](https://discordapp.com/channels/18224996...0863450182) The idea has been well received, but there have been other ideas for the implementation — some people want to see it in addition to neurotox, some people want to see it on both servers, some people suggest an ability to choose which one you use. I haven't implemented the latter or former suggestions because I lack the coding ability, and I've left it on the RP_MODE def here because I don't want to upset balance on the main server. Perhaps it would make a good Ass Jam experiment..?

Changelog
Code:
(u)Enfaeutchie
(*)On the RP servers, changelings have had their neurotoxin sting replaced with a non-lethal capulettium sting which will make their victims appear to drop dead.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
I think that would be fun on non-rp as well. I myself like to playing non-lethal ling if I end up rolling detective and somesuch. Giving ling more stings to prank and non-lethal would be fun.

Possibly add a small set of stings for the ling to choose from early on?
I really like this idea and I think it would make ling RP far more interesting and approachable. I also wouldn't even mind seeing it on main as well, I kinda think neurotoxin is really played out. Everyone knows that drool=ling and this would shake things up a bit.
It'd be interesting if it had more ways to get dna points that were less lethal, or generally abilities were cooldown balanced instead of kill-count balanced.

Either way probably for the best for the RP server - but need I mention my concepts about changing Ling in general? Hrm? That would definitely do great on an RP server. Either way, Ling as is isn't suited for RP since it's sleepy time - kill. It's fun abilities that could be scary for RP all require a massive kill count to mess with people for any length of time.
Merged/implemented with not a lot of change since its creation, so moving to Good ideas subforum.

If you think that maybe the sting amount should be adjusted or perhaps use a different chemical, wish the capu sting was on non RP too, or have some ideas for new sting abilities, feel free to make a forum thread for it.