Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.17 Average
Give HoS the ability to stunlock other sec officers
I don't know how you do this without making HOS an instant mindslave target.

Some HoS' in discord saying that newsec can get out of hand.  It'd be rad if they had a way to stunlock sec players... maybe a command... where they could take em aside and have a chat about the do's and dont;s.  I say make it a special command so it's outside the ingame scope of what a mindslave might do.... but not sure how admins feel about the HoS having the ability to not handle it through in game action.   

From the story it seems one got permabrigged by new sec cause he dared tell them not to gib someone for breaking in somewhere.

Seems like, a least for now, it might be a handy tool for HoS to reign in inexperienced sec players when there's a bunch going on.

I'm fully hoping HoS players might come in with better ideas, consider this just kinda a basic starter option.
i want an ounce of whatever herb sparked this plan
(09-10-2020, 02:15 PM)warcrimes Wrote: i want an ounce of whatever herb sparked this plan

Careful. Newsec might gib you for having it on you.
I'm not a fan of this core idea, even though it has genuine intentions. Stunlock? No thanks. 

Perhaps *backhand will backhand slap another officer as HoS as an ultimate disrespect which would give them a mean redtext for everyone to see. That would be cool, and i'd certainly have use for that. But it shouldn't have a combat advantage. 

(09-10-2020, 02:11 PM)vampirate Wrote: From the story it seems one got permabrigged by new sec cause he dared tell them not to gib someone for breaking in somewhere.

This case shouldn't of got to this. I'm not to kind of guy to tell other HoS' how to play, but I would've shot first and arrested, demoted and publicly shamed that player from the get-go - It's not a "chitchat" matter as that player descrecrated both Spacelaw IC and Griefed OOC. I'd use the *backhand there after i've done all this, for sure.

Adminhelp. Permabrigging is bad in itself, permabrigging the HoS over a matter so egregious is not something to be taken lightly.

There's a big stigma with new players (hell some old too) that one apple spoils the bunch, the word "Shitsec" comes to mind. I've had a player refusing to talk to me as HoS because of an overreaction of one of the other officers, even when I was trying to investigate the others behavior. But it's simply not true, while officers work as a team they're individuals despite it all.

With that in mind, I'd like a new roundstart tip to encourage players to report overbearing security to the HoS, Captain or other officers if they have felt wronged by one particular officers actions. If we don't know, we can't act and it's not good to be tarred with the same brush, security is primarily a P2P based job, PR and reputation is important.
(09-10-2020, 02:58 PM)Sundance Wrote: This case shouldn't of got to this. I'm not to kind of guy to tell other HoS' how to play, but I would've shot first and arrested, demoted and publicly shamed that player from the get-go - It's not a "chitchat" matter as that player descrecrated both Spacelaw IC and Griefed OOC. I'd use the *backhand there after i've done all this, for sure.

It was five sec officers according to mask, and it's apparently common on main goon? Not sure what tools HoS have if they got multiple shit sec ganging up on them.
I'm just going to mention I think part of this also stems from long-term veteran players tiding pretty hardcore recently with all of the new Sec. I'm not saying it excuses Security behavior, but it definitely doesn't help matters when Security already has 100 people to deal with and you have veterans constantly making life hell for them and generally being incredibly toxic to Security as a whole. Which in turn further reinforces them to turn even shittier.

One doesn't excuse the other but all it does is make things worse, and veterans should know better.

Speaking of newsec. I'm an HoS and to put it lightly - it's genuinelly exhausting. You have about 7 Officers who not only are oblivious, they tend to be stupidly confident in how oblivious they are and will challenge you on most matters, they also are a group. Keep in mind you aren't only trying to teach a group of angry officers that want to gib people for breaking into rooms and ignore your orders.

You also have the swarms of tiders. Which honestly aren't even usually new players. New assistants are usually just kind of oblivious and lost or apathetic, it's the people who know what they're doing that are constantly causing chaos - and then let's not get into even actual antagonists.

It's incredibly hard and overwhelming to balance it all at once as a single person.

If you ask me maybe Security should be locked for X amount of hours instead of rounds. Or perhaps give people a "Security Cadet" role? I'm not sure, but all I have to say is playing HoS just leaves me exhausted and cranky recently, as hard as I try. Then I don't want to go HoS again because playing a powerful role while in a jaded mood is a bad experience for everyone involved.
Have clownshot work on security officers.
If someone is a brand new player and I've got the time I will pull them aside to talk to them about what they did and how it's wrong, but if there's a sec officer (or even any head of staff) who clearly knows what they're doing and that is being shit, I won't hesitate to stun and cuff 'em myself.

Also what Masked described with the groups of sec offs, I have personally seen since Tomatotide started a few groups of metacomming shitsec groups goin around being purposefully shit, but because of the antags of that round I didn't have the time or ability to try and do something about it.
Hmm. Ive been just playing as a grey suit since I started playing again and I have noticed sec is being not too great. Not sure if its because of grey tiders or if its just because a lot of new sec players. I admit I am a little shit when Im playing grey suit but nothing too crazy. I dunno about lots of old players coming back and being grey suits just to act like shits messing with sec. Generally what I see is the new sec players acting like shit and fucking up security all on their own.
I haven't had a lot of time to hang around in the game recently (even just to observe), but I've seen a ton of 'is sec overstepping their boundaries' questions in mentorhelp (usually with the answer being 'extremely yes'). Not a fan of this stunlocking idea specifically, but I do agree sec needs more oversight.
(09-10-2020, 03:15 PM)vampirate Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:58 PM)Sundance Wrote: This case shouldn't of got to this. I'm not to kind of guy to tell other HoS' how to play, but I would've shot first and arrested, demoted and publicly shamed that player from the get-go - It's not a "chitchat" matter as that player descrecrated both Spacelaw IC and Griefed OOC. I'd use the *backhand there after i've done all this, for sure.

It was five sec officers according to mask, and it's apparently common on main goon? Not sure what tools HoS have if they got multiple shit sec ganging up on them.

There are no tools for HoS' to combat five officers ganging up on you. This is outside the realms of what HoS' should do and really should require admin intervention. 100+ player rounds are chaotic and stressful by themselves without this bullshit.
Ahelping metacomming shitsec has gotta happen. No way to fight them ingame, really.