Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back the vendor borg.
Just that. It needs to be back.

Serious borgs are horrible. The brobot is the only remaining fun borg.

If the vendor was removed to trim the least played modules, when was the last time you saw an engineering one? They all pick construction.

To improve the vendor, have some way for the chef or the barman to load its stores. And maybe, a money slot for people to drop in cash.
I think the vendor module needs more than just a few minor additions to make it worthwhile, so what about a logistics one? As people usually don't care about food, a couple of additional goodies would give the cyborg something else to do and make the module a more attractive choice overall:

- The old Food Dispenser. Basic selection.
- A reskinned version of the produce satchel. Stored food items are added to the dispenser's selection.
- Money slot/mini-credit transfer device combination. Revenue is added to the shipping budget.
- Cargo transporter
- Crate transporter. Works like the atmospheric one.
- Bar code printer
- Hand labeller
- M.U.L.E. uplink. Basically the PDA program as a stand-alone.
- Pen
- Most important of all, a rubber stamp!

Regarding your other remark. Players generally go for either construction, medical or chemistry, because those are the most useful and well-developed modules. I suppose mining is technically also fine, but digging into asteroids for 60 min probably isn't very interesting.

If we take a look at the hydroponics module for example, it can't do anything with seeds, plant formulas or gene manipulation and doesn't even come with satchels! Growing plants is the whole point of the module, yet it's overly inconvenient to move produce around. Same problem with engineering: cell cables, the atmos transporter and various tools to diagnose and fix faulty wiring/APCs efficiently are nice, but the inability to operate manual valves renders it effectively redundant, especially since construction cyborgs can perform common tasks just a well or better.

This has been talked about previously, so I'm not the only one who feels the same. I'm aware some people are vehemently against cyborgs messing with the engine, but seriously...even with a large crew, the generator is rarely online and has a decent output. I'd imagine some people rather pick cyborg than engineer and if they actually want to assist, provide them with a valve-turning tool of some sort (exclusive to the engineering module) to perform the startup themselves. Who knows, maybe the various repressurization ports scattered all over the station would see more action too.
Convair880 Wrote:Logisticsborg
I approve.
motivation borg
comes with a gold star dispenser and a candy dispenser for positive reinforcement and a ticket dispenser and a cattle prod for negative reinforcement

has a "foot mobility upgrade" that allows it to tap its feet impatiently, along with augmented sighing and expectant coughing
also able to dispense these http://i.imgur.com/4UWAZSX.gif
Dauntasa Wrote:motivation borg
comes with a gold star dispenser and a candy dispenser for positive reinforcement and a ticket dispenser and a cattle prod for negative reinforcement

has a "foot mobility upgrade" that allows it to tap its feet impatiently, along with augmented sighing and expectant coughing
also able to dispense these http://i.imgur.com/4UWAZSX.gif

Motivation - Senator

Nanotransen has officially given Senator a pat on the back for bringing a test subject to genetics but he was a traitor oh god send help.

*This document has a gold star with "you tried" attached to it*

*This document is covered in blood*
What is with you guys and the random cyborg suggestions, let's keep the good suggestion in the first post on track.

I'd like to see the vendor cyborg back, with a few minor updates so it fits in with the current station.
Agree with OP about fun borgs but really the vendorborg should sell drugs grown in botany. also, janitor borg could be fun if they raised the bar for what constitutes "harm" (since you don't take damage from slipping on a wet floor).

Actually, while you're at it give the vendor borg a reagent extractor or something. Maybe a smoke machine too. Just for harmless shit like bath salts of course.

Also to fix engineering borgs maybe you can give them a tool that makes it really easy to build pods or some shit.
Unfortunately a Janitor borg would never be any fun because someone can just tell you to stop mopping and due to Law 2 then you just sit and gather dust in the corner, a sad Janitor borg =(

Botany borgs need produce satchels and a way to harvest seeds from the plants they grow (Maybe even add formulas to them too).

I like the idea of vending borgs coming back! Let them vend discount dans stuff!
SARazage Wrote:Unfortunately a Janitor borg would never be any fun because someone can just tell you to stop mopping and due to Law 2 then you just sit and gather dust in the corner, a sad Janitor borg =(

Botany borgs need produce satchels and a way to harvest seeds from the plants they grow (Maybe even add formulas to them too).

I like the idea of vending borgs coming back! Let them vend discount dans stuff!

If someone cites Law 2, just stop mopping in their sight. (Why are janitor borgs lacking wet floor signs, anyway? Spamming the station with warnings of slipping would be a-ok!)
Why not give janitor borg some kind of "Warning, floor cleaning in progress" siren.

Something that can be seen as flashing or pulsing.
atomic1fire Wrote:Why not give janitor borg some kind of "Warning, floor cleaning in progress" siren.

Something that can be seen as flashing or pulsing.

That would just increase their annoyance factor.

I approve.
Clarks Wrote:Serious borgs are horrible. The brobot is the only remaining fun borg.

how is this a bad thing

if you want to have fun make your own goddamn fun, play construction borg and make a goddamn house on the side of the chapel or someshit and make people visit you, add branches to escape, be a medibot and accompany people to ice moon

play janitorbot and clean fungus, probably the most fun you can have as a robot!
Look... if you need an rcd to have fun, you are the champion of boring.

I want to have alternatives to spamming HONKs and feeding beer to the wizard.
Vending stuff to "cheer" people up was funny. People loved vendor borgs. It was the best borg to spend a round doing nothing and still have some way to relate to people.

Boring construction people, keep away from the topic.
As long as they can still McRib it up with synthburgers. Maybe just have a synthburger dispenser that plays the fart sound effect.
I like this idea, but why the need for more modules?
I'd be of the opinion that this would be a cool thing for brobots.